Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I survived.....

I survived Friday night's crop with Xi Phi at SJRMC conference room. I was really hesitant about going because I couldn't round up anyone to accompany me but once I got there I knew most of the people and even caught up with my 7th grade teacher. Nice to touch base with her. I will definitely make plans to attend next year. Never mind I only got 1.5 pages done.....I had a blast socializing with people I had not seen in awhile and laughing with them. Nice crop idea for their sorority.

Saturday was my birthday. Ang had a soccer game at 11:00 and then we went to lunch at Thai Taste and hit Becky's Fabric before heading to my parents for the afternoon where I mostly planted myself on their deck and enjoyed the day relaxing. We ate dinner with them (that was unplanned) and came home and watched a movie or two and the guys had bought me a birthday cake complete with candles - number candles to boot - that had to be Ang's idea! They surprised me also with a pink ipod - I just love music.

Sunday I attended the quilt show in Moscow with a friend and then met up with our husband's for a late afternoon lunch. It is a small quilt show but WOW what talent and so much to see. I loved all the vendors at the show and got some yummy fabric to start a quilt with. I also managed to plan some basil, oregano and cilantro in the morning and pull some weeds. It feels so good to finally be able to get out on a weekend and accomplish some things.

5 comments:

1funmommy said...

YUMMMM!! I LOVE Thai Taste! What did you have?? I'm always afraid to try something different! I want an I pod now too!

Bfun1 said...

Pad Thai
I love their coconut based soup with chicken.....

1funmommy said...

I usually get Pad Thai too. I'll have to try that coconut soup though. I'm not too big on soup though.

MrsD said...

I love my Ipod. But mine is white. I have no idea why I asked for a white one?????

Grey Rooster said...

MrsD Ipod is silver and uhhhhh is it too late for the birthday spankin's ????? hehehe ohh and the best thai I ever had was tied to a stick hehehehe uhhhh bye bye...