Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ears ringing.....

So my ears have been on strike for ummm, lets see, about 10 days now. They are ringing constantly makes me want to howl at the ringing like a dog or something. I feel like I have a pillow over my head, everything is muffled. So, since it has lasted more than 4 hours I sought medical treatment again......I find out this is normal for an ear infection - and it could be like this for another 3 weeks - WHAT? Okay, so talking myself out of panicking over not being able to hear and hoping like HECK I get ALL my hearing back - I mean this is my livelihood - hearing what the snot snorting, burping, jelly bean eating doctors are saying in their dictations. Do you think I could go on disability if I lose my hearing....ya, I didn't think so either!

Most of my readers have already heard this little diddy from last week. My son and I are driving down the road to go to gram's house and the big talk comes up.
A: "Mom, what is sex?"
M: "What, huh, where did you hear this?" (GULP - nearly run off the road in the vehicle)
A: "There was a girl on the school bus calling numbers on her phone and asking people to have sex. What does that mean?"
M: "Um, Ang, it is a special way God created for a husband & wife to touch. How do you think God felt about her calling people like that?" (Put it back in the BIG MAN's lap....)
A: "I think he was not happy."
M: "I think it made God very sad that this little girl was doing that. That was very dangerous for her to be doing that."
A: "Mom, she was also asking them if they wanted to have one-course....what is one-course mom?"
M: "Umm, do you mean intercourse?"
A: "Yaaa, that is what she was saying mom, what is that?"
M: "It means the same thing as sex - they are two words that mean the same - it is the special touching between a husband and wife that God created."
A: "Do you and dad do that?"
M: (holy camolie batman....) "Ang, this special touching that God created between a husband and wife is a thing that you share together and you don't talk about with other people."
A: "Sorry mom"
M: "No Ang, it isn't a bad thing, it is just something that you share with your husband or wife and don't share with others"
A: "Mom, what is a sexual offender?"

WHY me?....all in the same conversation....why didn't he ask good old dad?

He is 9....what happened to the innocence of our babes? I NEVER had a conversation at 9 years old on the bus about sex - let alone a cell phone and making random calls? What happened to the questions on the prank calls like "Is your refrigerator running? Well you better go catch it."

I did call his school principle the next morning to let her know the trash talk going on in the bus....there are little ones on the bus that don't need to have their little minds trashed quite so young! WOW - what happened to coloring and visiting with your friends on the bus, reading a book.....

4 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

Mom, where do babies come from?"

"How do they get in there?"

MrsD said...

Oh Lord! I'm making notes for what to tell Khloe when the time comes. You did good!

Grey Rooster said...

Khloe is getting a ride to school by her dad, any boys talk to her in that way will get lost in the river, hmmm she can't date till she is out of college too...

Anyway did you talk about the sexual offender, he needs to know they are bad and go after kids and hurt them, he needs to know what to look for and to stay away and don't talk to strangers.

1funmommy said...

Are you feeling any better YET?