Thursday, November 13, 2008

Still on the mend.....

Sooo - I was hoping to feel a TON better at this point in my antibiotics but not so. My ear is still plugged tight and I feel partially deaf, which I am sure is the case. I keep thinking one morning I will wake up and it is going to be all better but not so far.....

It doesn't help that I have had engagements the past week to be somewhere EVERY night - this week I have just wanted to curl up after work and fall asleep but nooooooooo we have had Harvest Dinner, School Meeting, 2 doctors appointments....etcetera...... I was "supposed" to be baking for a fundraiser on Friday night for our sorority but not to happen with my ears plugged, my sinuses plugged and feeling like I was drug through a knot hole backwards, it is all I could do to get a rotisserie chicken on the table last night (thank you Mary, Mary for the rotisserie cooker - we love it) oh and THANK YOU A&B FOODS for advertising whole chickens on sale this week!

So tonight I have plans, tomorrow night I have plans and Saturday night I have plans - can you say STOP already.....STOP THE INSANITY or STOP THE CAROUSEL and let me off already! I wanna day of down time.

I didn't call in sick this week because the first 2 days of sick leave are considered vacation days and I am hording my vacation days for the week after Christmas. I don't believe we have ever taken the week off AFTER Christmas as a family and we thought it would be a good idea to enjoy the days after the month of hectic Christmas activities - isn't that the life - it is supposed to be a peaceful time of year, a time of reflection.......heck the already are playing Christmas music in the stores and it isn't even THANKSGIVING yet.....

I am feeling rather owly this a.m. so WATCH OUT.....I get tired of having clothes set out for the kid and at least once a week somehow he loses his socks and then he tries to put the blame on me and it immediately pushes my button. When I start getting upset then that pushes Joe's button......I just hate that Angelo doesn't just get dressed....no, he has to start getting dressed, play with the dogs, start telling a story, or something - so he has to be reminded to GET DRESSED EVERY FLIPPING MORNING.................ARRRRRRGGGGGG!

So Orchards Elementary is having a book fair next week (November 18-21st).....it is a great time to pick up some books for kids - there are books for all ages (or at least supposed to be??) There is my advertising PLUG for the day.....

Another advertising plug - Friday night at "The Sage" there is a Ladies Night Out with some local Vendors - sorority is sponsoring it and the proceeds are being used for the "LOCAL" WISHING STAR FOUNDATION. I know Silpada will be there, massage person, purse "purson", Avon, candle person, some handmade cards, a raffle for a beautiful quilt.....YA hop on over or okay.....DRIVE!

1 comment:

1funmommy said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! I was puking and had diarrhea yesterday. YUCK! Feeling drained but much better today. I think you should call in sick to one of your evening egagements and SLEEP!!!