Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THANKFULNESS.....or maybe not!

So here we sit less than 24-hours before the big Turkey Day! GOBBLE-GOBBLE!

We ventured out to Safeway to get groceries last night and I was amazed the stuff they were out of....you know little items like "TURKEYS"...ya - go figure??? Oh, they had the ELITE, MARINATED, Special ones that were priced at 25.00 for a 8 lb turkey but come on friends like do you want me to bend over so you can stuff ME??? They were out of coconut - ya - no coconut....figure that one too? and COOL WHIP........DUH! I told the checker and he wasn't all that concerned just said "YA, we were slammed today" - REALLY? go figure that one dude - it is fricking THANKSGIVING! I kept my trap shut in the spirit of the holidays and said nuttin' - I want the BIG MAN in the red suit to remember that I was kind two nites prior to THANKSGIVING and maybe he will stuff my stocking with something good! Not to late to try to get on the GOOD GIRL LIST Santa keeps all year!

So off to Rosauer's for more shopping - EVERYONE knows how much I love grocery shopping - NOTTTT - I frickin hate it......it is a pain in the butt - a necessity YES, a pain in the butt "DEFITINELY!" I am not like my mother, my brother or my husband who can go in to the grocery store for 1 item and the parking lot will generally turn over cars at least 2 times and if not 2 times - 3 times! That is nooooooooooooo exaggeration! So, when I go to the grocery store with them - I make sure I am pottied and have a good book/magazine...... The one item they went in for turns out to necessitate the use of a grocery cart to haul to the car and somehow between going in the store and checking out the 1 item has reproduced itself into 20 items!

So - back to my Rosauer's trip - after stepping into the parking lot of Safeway I informed a friend from church who was heading IN to Safeway that they were out of CHEAP turkeys - which she about faced and immediately left - of course we did visit for a few minutes!

Up the hill for us and in to Rosauer's.....now, I will branch off this story again to tell you WHY I don't shop at Rosauer's even though it is closer to my home and lots of the times has better sales than other stores.....you see 2-3 years ago I was heading out of the store and tripped over the flat surface of the parking lot (ya one of those days) and fell smack down onto my knees with two bags of groceries in my hands.....it hurt like HELL to be honest. I was embarrassed and in pain and had two bags of groceries.....people didn't see me and walked on by - ya right in the middle of the parking lot and no one offers to help the FAT LADY down - nope, walk on by you blessed people! Leave me on the ground in severe pain! Three people walked by me that day - not a word! Finally a disabled lady hollered over and asked if I was okay and brought a cart over for me to use to get up and support me as I hobbled to my car. My story here is if I was some skinny blonde chick laying on the ground - there would have been people all over me like flies on a hot cow turd - but since I am not they walked on by! So I never went back to Rosauer's since then! I have been in the parking lot and sat in the car when my dear husband thought he needed something but I wouldn't go in! I HATE there parking lot to this day!

Okay, so last night I folded and went. Amazingly, they had Cool Whip, Turkeys (cheap ones) and coconut.....YEH Rosauer's - you won me back! After my purchase and getting home I realized they over charged me 7.00 on my Diet Pepsi but I phoned them and they said to bring my receipt back and they will refund me.

Oh and SAFEWAY - I called your 1-800 number and told them about you here. About your turkeys being gone, no coconut, no Cool Whip and a few weeks ago when you had sales the same scenario.....I asked if they were folding or closing or bankrupt...they assured me that they were not! You need to get your act together because you lost me as a customer for awhile!

So my thankfulness message.....
I am thankful that I have the freedom to go buy groceries and shop where I want.
I am thankful for family & friends.
I am thankful for my puppy dogs even when they terrorize me and won't leave me along because I know that they are madly in love with me as much as I am with them.
I am thankful for my little guy that ain't so little anymore and wants to push my buttons all the time.....what would I do without that kid?
I am thankful because we have a new president heading for office that hopefully will make some positive things come to be and get this country on the right road, I am thankful that he is willing to take the office and put himself and his family in a position where they are in the spotlight and bad things can happen to them.
I am thankful for my sorority girlfriends and all they mean to me and a few other girlfriends who make my world ROCK even when we don't talk every day or week - we know we are there for each other!

So grab your Gobbler and have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING PEOPLE!

No comments: