Thursday, August 14, 2008

I feel like it's Friday already.....

I worked last Sunday so I feel like today should be Friday.....fortunately starting at 10:30 this a.m. every hour I work from here on out through Saturday at midnight is OT - yeppers....time and a half!

I was trying to get tomorrow off but unfortunately, for whatever reason, I cannot have it off - so it is six days in a row of typing and my arms/neck are killing me but what the heck! Joe has tomorrow off - we had planned to go to Boise if I got the time off but that didn't work out - so I will give him some HONEY DO's to get done tomorrow....though not too many because I don't want to overwhelm him. First and foremost on the list is to get the registration in for Angelo to attend a new school! I think we are 100% now on sending him public....I was still feeling very uneasy about it until I went to a birthday party last Friday night with parents from the private school and there was a lot of much needed confirmation for my heart from parents! Yes, it makes me sad that he must leave his friends but he needs to function at his speed and level and public school is the only option for us here in L-town! So there ya have it! I have nearly all his school supplies ready for school - just a couple of things left!

I have been dealing with some anger issues this past week - anger because of the way I am treated....you know, life just plain sucks sometimes! As I have said before, I feel like I am a pretty good person, I don't like to intentionally hurt people or make people feel bad and I could never purposely do something to anyone to make them feel bad! I wasn't raised that way, don't get a thrill out of playing with people's emotions and I don't need Power Trips! No, I didn't have the perfect childhood but I was raised with a brain and taught to be fair and treat people like humans but that just isn't how the OLD world is these days!

I, like most, have been keeping an eye on the Olympics this week! The other night as I was watching gymnastics I told Joe there is NO WAY those Chinese girls are 16 as they kept saying they were.....NO WAY! Later on the broadcasters said that there is belief that they are NOT 16 and Chinese government has faked their paperwork to make them 16....sad! Then there is the little girl who supposedly was NOT presentable, because of her teeth, to sing at the opening ceremony - WHAT? I saw her picture on the i-net and she is a doll! But, I have no doubt it is the truth! I have been reading adoption blogs on Chinese adoption for 4 years now and I have NO DOUBT this stuff really happens! That along with everything else they have done to prepare for the Olympics - it is just is a sad feeling in my heart that things go on like they do in the world!

I don't know if I am weird or what - do I think and let things bother me too much? Sometimes I hate being so sensitive to my emotions - I HATE IT!

On an up note....tonight is an ice cream social for sorority! I think it will be fun to see people and visit for a bit!

Beginning Day is coming up too for sorority! YIPPEE! I really hope I, as well as all the others, have a good year that is fulfilling in our hearts and we can put aside the petty things that don't mean a thing in the realm of things.

Some of the things I have been enjoying lately are;
~Hummingbirds buzzing at the feeder and bickering with each other - it is really cute actually....wished they realized there were 4 spots for them and they don't have to FIGHT about it!
~The thought of seeing my family in a couple of weeks at our family picnic.
~Buying school supplies for Ang - it is just plain fun to go out and buy brand new crayons, markers, paints.....I can remember how exciting it was as a child - doesn't that sound like it could be a ULTRA-Cool scrapbook page too - just one on school supplies?
~Spending a few hours with Kristi chatting at the store last Saturday! It was fun just to touch base and visit - knowing we both had to gather our warrior equipment and leave the safety of the store and head out to fight more BATTLES in life! Life is really not so much fun sometimes but isn't it great just to see a friend a know that you support one another in your lives?
~Spending time with Ang and knowing that in just a few days he will be back at school. Life goes by so fast...way too fast! I need to enjoy the moments more!

1 comment:

MrsD said...

I can't believe school is going to start soon!

I look forward to school supply shopping with Khloe. It was always so fun. I loved buying my crayons. I'd go home and look at them for hours. lol.