Monday, August 4, 2008

Spokane, school shopping and Elvis again........

Spokane and school shopping....and ELVIS again....
Saturday morning we arose bright and early to go to Spokane for the day. First off Joe had to get his hair cut so I sent him to the barber with Ang and I stopped off at the coffee shop to visit with sorority friends....it is always good for girl time and laughter! Joe showed up to pick me up and we headed up the hill towards Spokane. We really weren't sure what we wanted to do once we got there so it was an unplanned and spur of the moment trip. We hit Northtown and walked the entire loop of the mall plus hit Sears and Kohl's - total purchase was around $10 at Barnes & Noble for a mind buster game for Ang.

We stopped at a ladies clothing store I like to shop at and I purchased two special pairs of underoos for myself - they were a bargain at 2.50 a pair on clearance and they are usually 8.00.

From there we went to Costco to look for a replacement sewing machine for Rosie who died and had to be returned a week ago. They have a new Singer out that seems to be a little heavier machine and has a metal bobbin case, I am 99% sure that is the boy I am going to bring home. Now to figure out a name for him and hoping he won't have to be returned. I would have purchased him then but he goes on sale in August 11th so I shall wait and birth him here locally (hopefully they will have him).

By this time, as lame as it may seem we were hungry shoppers and wanted to go somewhere a little nicer since we don't get up to Spokane very often so we went to Black Angus. My gosh the waitress was really pretty good but they were so S-L-O-W on getting the food to us and drinks I thought I was going to go bezerk....seriously! We were sitting at a table where you couldn't see the next table and guess what....after listening to their conversation for an hour, not trying to listen but because they were speaking so loud we had no choice - they decided to leave and it was ELVIS....yup - you may remember my last encounter with Elvis was when he was in the Portland area on Spring Break and he was pumping gas - well Saturday he was eating at Blank Angus - he popped out of the table next to ours and I could hardly believe it! I was in such awe I forgot to ask for an autograph! Damn his hair looked good though and those sideburns - Wow, I was all shook up, ya baby!

From Black Angus....with our to go cartons in hand - they always have WAY to much food for a person....we detoured to Krispy Kremes because Ang had been begging all day to go to that donut shop where you can watch them make donuts....so we did! Now, I don't visit there often but....with the economy the way it is....they have been forced to cut back their HOT & NOW free donuts....the cut them in 4 pieces now and serve them with toothpicks....1/4th of a donut! YEP, it is the truth - my son was saddened by this but at least he has the memory of the day when you could go in and be served a fresh/hot donut for free. Furthermore, with the 1/4 of a donut - you have to ASK apparently now because they weren't serving them to anyone until Angelo asked and then she cut them in fourths......

After the let down of Krispy Kremes for the kid we "HIT THE ROAD JACK" and hightailed it for home! We made it back to L-town a bit before 10:00! What a day hey!

Sunday I read the paper and hit all the stores with the adds for school supplies. It is that time of year to prepare. There was a slight bump in the road when Ang asked why he had to go to a new school and we talked about it again and he asked if his friends new he wouldn't be back and I said "no" and then he said he didn't want to talk about it anymore. I tried to explain to him but he started going in to this hyperventilation mode where he breaths really loud and fast through his nose.....so I shut up! MELTDOWN time for me! I crashed until dark last night before I arose from my cave of doom.....

Thankfully, today is a bettery day. I got up and made a lunch for Ang for Kids College this week and then whipped up a loaf of homemade banana bread. Tonight I am making Mexican Rice and Pork Verde - hopefully it all turns out!

I have 100+ things to do so I better shut up for now....

3 comments:

1funmommy said...

I bet it was nice to just get out of town for a bit. Your kid is so cute! Glad you had a fun time in Spokane! Dinner sounds good. It is hard to make?

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

I want a child just so I can pick out fun school supplies. I would look kinda silly if I brought crayons to college.

Bfun1 said...

The first 2 years are fine getting school supplies but then they develop their own WANTS and argue....they don't want the cute things anymore.....
You could take a small pack of crayons with you to college...I just wouldn't suggest the 64 pack sitting out on your desk...haha