Tuesday, August 26, 2008

IHOP experience......

Followup post from my scheduled weekend events....

Saturday we got ready early and wanted breakfast so we thought that IHOP sounded okay....not so much after we were finished.

First off I had to ask for a menu for the special that is advertised on TV....so after capturing that menu I decided to order the Oregon Berry choice.

I need to step back a moment for the drink order though - we ordered a carafe of OJ and I asked for a glass of water along with it.....uh ya, a glass of 02....we get the OJ and 4 glasses - there are obviously 3 of us at the table but she brings 4 empty glasses.....okay, I can deal with it - not a big water drinker but I was trying on this particular day.....

Okay so now back to the Oregon Berry pancakes.....so when they bring the order to our table - there are only strawberries on my pancakes....picture shows at least 3 types of berries but I for some odd reason get strawberries only. So I tell the waitress who assures me the manager made them and then asks ME to move the whip cream topping so she can see underneath to see if there is another type of berry - NOPE...so she takes them back to the kitchen. .45 seconds later she arrives back at the table with the same stack of pancakes and one (1) extra berry that is not a strawberry - HECK you guys go ALL OUT DON'T YA! So okay I can deal with it.....

I ordered two eggs over easy.....you know..runny in the middle....NOPE, over hard....so I tell the waitress and she says - "I am sorry, here is your bill".....OKAAAYYYY - not scoring any points with me at this point!

I must add that I am not sure if my pancakes were supposed to have a lemony flavor to them but GROSS - I was hoping for your regular kind of pancakes but what the HECK at this point!

So, I have eaten the whites of my eggs, my two pieces of sausage and now I am playing with my pancakes and visiting with my husband and son who is eating a Go-Gurt (YOGURT) with his Create-a-Face breakfast. I am visualizing on the package that is says 8-14-2008....hmmm...thinking to myself, it is 8-23-2008.....that would mean 9 days outdated....NO WAY! So I ask for the package of YOGURT - YEP, 8/14/08. Okay, I figure he is probably not going to DIE from some poison that was in it that has spoiled but HOLY HECK - this is IHOP!

We head to the payment counter and my husband tells the checkout lady about my overcooked eggs and has the Go-Gurt packet in hand. She quickly tells him she will have to get the manager. He tells the manager about the eggs which is apologetic about. However, when confronted about the outdated YOGURT she cops an attitude with him which doesn't fly - her exact words were - "SIR, it does NOT actually EXPIRE on 8/14 - it says "BEST BY", that does NOT mean it has expired". My husband responds by saying "IT EXPIRES ON 8/14"...to which SHE responds "NO SIR, IT IS BEST IF CONSUMED BY THIS DATE but that DOES NOT MEAN IT IS EXPIRED!"....to which HE says...."Would the HEALTH DEPARTMENT think that it was okay to serve YOGURT that is outdated by nine days?"...to which her response was almost expressed in a song like manner "No sir they wouldn't, I will buy your breakfast for you!" To which we skipped out the front door to her tune!

Now, that was great but we weren't expecting free food - it would have been much nicer which she have taken off her NASTY PANTS before she came out of the back and when confronted about the outdated yogurt say something to the effect of "OH WOW, I am SOOO sorry, thank you SOOO much for pointing that out to ME, I am going to go back and make sure we don't have any more that we are serving that is outdated"!

I am so tired of peoples stinking attitudes!

4 comments:

1funmommy said...

You know how I feel about that place...HORRIBLE customer service!

1funmommy said...

You know how I feel about that place...HORRIBLE customer service!

MrsD said...

I have heard nothing but bad about that place. I've been there once and more than likely will not be back either.

The Hussy Housewife said...

You just need to stay home girl!! Yuu most certainly have a bad case of BDS. Trust me, it is only safe to stay "local".

I have been there a few times, nothing bad happened....that I know of! I love their buttermilk pancakes!!!! (so does my muffin top..shhh)