Thursday, December 13, 2007

DOGS & DELIVERIES

What should I write about and what does the world want to hear? I was out too late last night with some of my homies scrappin' and yackin' and then had to come home and pound on the keyboard until after midnight trying to make a few extra bucks. It was well worth the good times and laughter though, something a person needs when they are hooked up to a bunch of voices all day and trying to make sense of it all on a piece of paper for them. The DHL lady arrived WAAAYYY to early this a.m - must be due to the holiday rush - anyhow, she comes to the door and is freaked out about my 3 dogs (2 weiner dogs - 1 freak of nature), thank GOD they were sleeping in another room (okay, in MY bed while I am typing my fingers to the bone in another room - is there something wrong with this picture?) anyhow, she is trying to mouth the words through the window about the DOGS....I quietly creep over to the door and put my foot in front of the doggy door so they can't get out (at least I was thinking that) and open the door at which time the BARKFEST begins and they all shoot out of the bedroom to see what is going on. I am trying to reassure the DHL lady that they are just "little" dogs and their barks are much worse than their bites - actual they just LICK - but anyhow she finally puts the BIG box in front of the doggy door and shoves the little machine I have to sign through the door, not to worry only one of the pups got their head squeezed in the door (just a little bit - please don't send the Animal Protection group to my house). Anyhow, I quickly signed the screen and put the device back out the door to her and reassured her that I would not get the BOX from in front of the doggy door until she was well out of the gate and the gate closed because HEAVEN forbid I have to take off out of the gate chasing the dogs in my mismatched PJ's with no bra on - not a pretty picture to even imagine and besides the girls are still getting over yesterday being pancaked in that AWFUL "MAN"MADE machine that they call digital mammography - get the point of about the "MAN"made machine PLEASE! Oh - the UPS man just dropped a packed off and he is like WAY better at the technique - he ran up the driveway, came through the gate and onto the deck - put the package in front of the doggy door and hightailed it off the deck and through the gate before the pups realized anything was going on! Don't you delivery people talk amongst yourselves and sharpen your techniques on avoiding killer dogs when delivering packages?

4 comments:

Kristi O said...

I am cracking up. Our UPS guy does the same thing, drop and run, don't bother knocking! Yes there should be rules! I am so glad you have a blog

The Hussy Housewife said...

It is on like donkey kong....your blogging!!! My fed ex, ups guys always drop the package off and knck as they are leaving. So easy!!

The Queen said...

Boo when are you going to let us have it again???? Why haven't you writtenh anything yet your so funny all the time that I need to laugh again.????

Kristi O said...

come on bring on another funny story