Friday, December 21, 2007

One "BRAND NEW" black rubber tire! Saweet......

Yep...you got it right! I was out cruisin around this morning trying to get a few errands in before I start poundin' the keyboard for $$$. I had noticed last night that my rear tire was look a little under the weather in regards to its perky self, looking a little droopy, saggin' a bit. Well, it was much worse this a.m. so I head to Les's to have them do what they do so well and fix the flat on my van. I turn my keys over to the gentleman who trots out to the van and not long after trots back in to tell me that it isn't a flat but the tire is actually worn down to the steel in it and that my car must be out of align or something....I don't get it - I mean this happened three years ago and I had it aligned and I have kept a very "FaithfuL" eye on the air level in those tires going in every 6 weeks and having the air level checked by Les & his boys! He assures me that its probably out of align and the next couple of weeks I need to bring 'er in and get 'er done (the alignment that is)! So, I am trying to stay calm knowing that it is 3.75 days prior to Christmas and the bank account is figured to the penny. He then asks me if I would like him to check for a good "used" tire and I say definitely! So he trots out the swinging door again, only to return again, trotting of course, and tells me he has no used tires that size (OH sure you don't because that is my luck and you are in business to sell new tires). So, he prints me out a nifty quote on two different tires - I chose the cheapest of course, I mean for pete sake it is the holidays, wondering how the heck I am going to swing this one....still am not sure but things always work out no matter which side of the jail bars you are on right?

So, needless to say my Christmass present is mounted on my van's rear driver's side, it is black, smells like that irresistable black rubber that you can only find at Les & the Boys place, oh ya that baby is a "beauty", Toyo, 16-inch, sweet! Admit it, you are jealious aren't you? I mean this tire gives a ride like no other!

At this time any monetary donations to my banking account would be greatly appreciated - "oh happy holiday" BAH HUMBUG!

No comments: