Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I See a "Trial on the Horizon"....

Jury Duty....need I say MORE? I kid you not when I saw I get picked every 3-4 years - this is at least my 7th time in my 41 short years of life that I have been picked to be "on call" for the system. Now I have tried in the past to convince the ladies on the other end of the phone that there must be some kind of mistake because "my man" never gets drawn to be on jury duty and call in for an entire month to see if he too could serve on a jury. Now, don't get me wrong, I realize it is a privilige to live in freedom, put in my service as a juror, etcetera, I just don't understand the drawing thingy that I seem to be a winner in all the time to serve as a potential juror. I mean seriously, I can't seem to win at lotteries but I can get drawn every 3.5 years for jury duty - what gives?

I was actually chosen for August and I could put it off for up to six months if I wanted so I diligently filled out the little form and mailed it back thinking to myself "I will choose December because what lawyer/judge want to work around Christmas time anyhow?" I even said a little prayer as I slipped it in the mailbox.

Guess what?....tonight, I called the recording and my number is up, lucky #39 must be at the courthouse tomorrow morning all chipper at 8:00 a.m. May I remind you again, I never seem to get very lucky at winning trips to Cancun or the Bahamas, even a weekend in a Seattle but I can get picked to arrive at the courthouse. All I can figure is these lawyers for this trial, I am lucky enough to win a chance to serve on, must be Jehovahs Witnesses or something and not believe in Christmas because for some "unknown" reason they are working prior to the greatest holiday of the year, I mean do they have their last-minute Christmas shopping done, wrapped and ready to go?

So, hi-ho, hi-ho, it is off to jury duty I go...bah humbug!

With any luck at all I will know some important figure in this trial and will be excused for the rest of the month.

Can anyone bring me a mocha about 10:00 in the morning, I have a feeling I may need something by then....

Oh ya, and Kristi thank for "trying" to get me thrown in the clanker over the holidays by telling me you clearly heard on the recording that it was the 28th and NOT tomorrow that I am supposed to report to the 3rd floor for jury duty, was this some kind of last minute ditch effort to get me out of cooking for my family for Christmas and spending some alone time in a jail cell with some of my not-so-closest friends?

1 comment:

The Hussy Housewife said...

Did you have to be "excused" at all?