Friday, February 20, 2009

He graduated.....

I had to make the trek out last night for new shoes for Ang. What we thought would be a task of simplicity turned out to take much longer. We started at Tri-State Outfitters and they had 2 pairs of shoes that were his "new" size as we were informed that when you go from a 6 to a 7 that most shoes go in to men's sizes. Nike does have 7 youth but of course, they don't order very many of them in because they aren't big sellers. Off we went to Famous Footwear. No luck there either - they could order them in but that would take a week and we waited too long as it was to get new shoes for him. I won't even tell you when he got his last pair of shoes but it was a trip we took last spring to Portland. Joe was getting frustrated by the time we hit Famous Footwear. The two workers were visiting and I thought he was going to blow a cork as he wanted service - funny thing! So, once I asked him not to be a smart A&* to the workers and to please be calm because that would set the whole mood for encounter there. Anyhow, the sweetest girl helped us and spent way tooo much time and energy trying to fit him with a man's shoe. I think we tried EVERY shoe they had in a men's size 7. Ang finally found a pair that he liked - they were bad....solid white...thick soled.....not to cool in my eyes and I was thinking if the kids saw him with these on he would be targeted for harassing. I whispered "NO" to the worker and she steered him on to something else. They were bad - like something an older person would wear - I mean older when I say older! Solid WHITE....SOLID WHITE! Anyhow, we finally ended at 7:30 with a pair of Nikes.....I won't even give you the price on those puppies! Hopefully they will last a long time though like the last pair! They look so BIG on my baby. His pants are shrinking too - they are getting too short so that will be our next adventure!

So this weekend I am planning on taking part in an online quilt challenge, it is easy and you are challenged to use your stockpile of ORANGE fabric. I only had a few pieces of orange and I was saving them for a Halloween project. So I ventured out and bought a few slices of orange fabric that is so way cool. The lady who owns the store I went to was helping me out and showing me this fabric and it is like a kaleidoscope if you cut it and put it together a certain way - but that ain't happening so don't expect that from me. It reminded me of some kind of trip you would take on drugs - not that I have ever experienced that but it was really cool looking and exciting to see the effects. She had a double mirror she was showing me with - all I can say is WOW!

That was my THURSDAY night adventure.....my baby graduated to men size shoes.....another step in his little life. It will certainly be interesting to watch him grow and see where those feet and size 7 shoes will take him over the next little bit....prayers that God will keep him protected and safe and help him make wise decisions!

No comments: