Saturday, February 21, 2009

OP Challenge 2009......

I decided it would be fun to be a part of an on-line challenge this weekend - the requirement was to use your OP (orange pile) stash of fabric. I started dicing & splicing last night about 7:30 p.m.
I made 3 of each of these blocks for a total of 9.....


I finished ironing the last one at 8:00 tonight! I am excited to see how this will all come together....
I did do other tasks today....did some errands, weeded through some papers on my desk and spent a couple hours this afternoon visiting with a friend from California who I was in church youth group with about 30 years ago! It was nice to touch base with her. Her mother died of cancer about 20 years ago - she was a great lady & friend of mine! It was so heartbreaking for me to be with her the last few weeks of her life - she knew it was only a matter of time and so did I ~ it was so hard for me to watch such a wonderful lady die so young and miss out on her kids lives as they grew up! Joyce you were a wonderful woman and I was blessed and am honored to have had y0u in my life!
Woe - didn't know that was coming! Maybe I should name this quilt "My Joyce Quilt"!


1 comment:

MrsD said...

Quilting is an art. I have no desire to get into quilting. I am content to admire the work of all the quilters out there. Good job!