Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines day.....

As a special request....some want to know WHAT it was I did on Valentine's Day. I had a secret place I went to early Saturday morning and then at 9:00 I hit the quilt store to start my project, I signed up for it months ago and was so looking forward to it. I worked diligently until about 1:00 when suddenly my brain was so boggled with the bazillions of pieces I had to sew back together in a special order that it went on strike. Piecing, pinning, sewing, ironing, sewing, ironing, pinning, piecing.....yadayadayada....it was fun but WOWZER. I got all my blocks done and ready to sew together which is quite the accomplishment considering that some of these pieces were 1.5 x 1.5 inches....uh-ya - that ain't big in case you are wondering! I started questioning as to WHY it was I took perfectly good (expensive too) fabric and diced it all up and was sewing it back together......especially after I had to take one piece off after I sewed the wrong piece on....that is where I was frazzled to the end! It was fun though.....trust me really it was!

I left the quilt store with my creation in hand and headed home where I found a nicely wrapped packages and 2 beautiful cards - one from Ang and one from Joe. I got a Starbucks mug which I love and 2 more pieces of Brighton jewelry - it has bling and is a heart locket - love it! I then got myself beautified for dinner - Joe had made plans for us and another couple to go to the Red Lion Buffet and reserved our table. I had a clam digger to start the night off right - the Red Lion makes awesome clam diggers - just an FYI. It was a very lovely evening and the prime rib was to die for, it was a tie for me between the prime rib and the strawberry/bacon/spinach salad - YUMMMO! At one point we got so tickled in a conversation that we nearly laughed ourselves silly, it is good to laugh like that once in awhile. We topped off the meal with a piece of red velvet cake that we shared. We ran in to another couple at dinner who was seating nearby so we visited with them off and on through the meal. After dinner we decided the evening was still young so we went to dance. It was fun to watch and enjoy all the dancers of all ages, it is nice to run in to friends and acquaintances too. It is so enjoyable just to relax once in awhile.

So there you have it - probably not that wondiferous to some but it was to me and that is all that counts right.....

Sunday I picked up my new glasses and can actually see - SHEESH maybe that would have helped at the quilting??? We did some Costco shopping and of course a quick trip to Joannes to see what I had to see. I ended up running into my aunt and 2nd cousin who is 4 - she is quite the little chicka - she had me cracking up - nothing like having a conversation with a 4-year-old in a fabric store and not knowing what is going to come out of her little mouth - she is adorable. She kept saying "Nana, she is funny!", oh ya....it was great! She had a hot pair of Batman sunglasses that I tried to talk her out of but she would have nothing to do with that business! I mean what better for a wardrobe completer for me than a purple pair of Batman sunglasses. What a cute little bug she is!

After that adventure I came home and crashed for a few hours only to wake up to watch.....yep, you got it.....Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters.

So here we are Thursday of the following week - what has been going on in the home office....welllll Daisy has eaten a No2 Pencil - black and orange....I think she was over stressed about all those figures of dog treats in her mind and how she could obtain more for doing less things the proper way. Speaking of which things are a little quiet - she is either ZONKED at her desk or off in lala land extending her 15 minute break beyond the allotted 15 minutes.....I am so going to BUST her in the act of pushing the limits!

No comments: