Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More recollection of last weeks events....

I forgot to mention that Miss K and her momma brought me the 2nd book in the Twilight series last Friday and a lovely little gift from Starbucks.....one of my many addictions! EW-lala....thank you chickies - I know Miss K was on her way to get a new pair of shoes - you know a woman can NEVER have to many shoes! heehee! She has 2 top teeth coming in and boy are they cute! I just love baby teeth and how they look coming in - so cute - though I feel for the pain they endure to get those teeth in - OUCH!

Over the past couple of weeks my SIL had shared with me that she was coming to town with her sister from the Seattle area to surprise their parents. They came on Sunday and I guess the surprise was a hit and they had a great time! I am so glad all went as planned. I had been SWORN to secrecy which I took care of very well. My SIL wanted to know if my mom needed a bag of Parrot food for her parrots and so I had to skirt around that issue with my mom - trying to figure out if she needed some or not - she said no but my SIL brought a 20 lb bag in her suitcase. She surprised my parents yesterday showing up by having her sister drop her off down the road and walking in to the driveway rolling a suitcase behind her. I guess my mom was freaking out because she thought it was some kind of sales person - my SIL even peaked in their front window and my mom still didn't recognize her and was freaking out still. She was lucky she didn't get shot by my mom - you know she tends to get a little carried away when she is pissed off - vulgarities flying freely! Anyhow, my SIL finally made it to the door and surprised them. It was a good thing and funny!

Last night I got to go out and hoot it up with her too. Ya, the big L-town on a Monday night at 7:30 - we started to go to Arby's because we were just going to grab a drink and visit and she was going to show me pics on her computer. Well about the time we hit the parking lot there it started downpouring....now she is not afraid of the rain because she is a Portlandite and they get plenty of the wet stuff, I on the other hand was afraid to step out in the torrential rain and end up soaked. So I had a grand idea to hit the 4-10 and sit in the car and visit while we sipped on a drink - even though I have got spiders in my drinks from there before....I was willing to eat another spider for her. Guess what people - they were closed already - what is that all about? She saw A&W on the way and said a rootbeer float sounded good so I went to A&W and guess what people...A&W in Clarkston is no more - it is apparently going to be a Taco Johns....gut bombs - ugghhh! 3-strikes we were out - so I headed to DQ and we got pops and sat in the parking lot until 10:00 while we visited about everything under the sun and then I had to take her home where we ended up visiting some more. It was good to just be away for a little bit and visit 1 on 1 - it has been sooo long for us to be able to do that....when I am there we are busy running and when she is here her family is usually with her! It was good! Heck we used to have some marathon shopping trips in Portland - up at the break of dawn and hit the malls and were gone until they closed.....we have some great memories of that....the clerk barking at me "WHAT SIZE ARE YOU?" from the back of the store while I was standing at the front of the store - um ya.....let me yell that back at you - NOT! Eating Chinese in the mall and then going to the pet shop and me saying "I gotta go" and WHOOSH I was gone! The Toys R Us incident and the Ross store - I could still almost make myself sick about that - I will never understand how someone can leave their gifts in the toilet and not flush - PUKE! All the trouble we would get in after it was agreed upon we were shopping all day and then we would get home and no one would talk to us because they were all pissed off at us...um ya - memories - like the corner of my mind, misty water colored memories......Oh ya! Just think of the places we could find soo much easier with the GPS systems now.....no shop would ever be unfindable.

So I came home after that and watched True Beauty.....I haven't been a die hard fan but watch it only because Billy was on it. It actually makes me kind of sick the attitudes and insides of these beautiful people and how they truly interact with others. Sometimes that is not so good.

I ended the perfectly good day by reading a few pages in the Twilight series book....I am still trying to figure out what all the hoopla is about - it is okay but I am not HOH (head over heels) on this book - it is a love story, not true and I am having a hard time in this fantasy love thing! I like true grit, true stories, local history.....whatever that means! The book I bought even has the poster in the back of it - I will sell it to the highest bidder - I can part with it....

3 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

I’m with you on the toilet, I mean twilight series. Give me a true or close to true story.

bluecru said...

You and your bathroom stories. The good old days...that would kill us now days. Love ya!!!

1funmommy said...

Twilight is fun! You just have really submerge yourself. I've never been one for the fantasy stuff but I LOVE this series. Its nice to forget sometimes. I miss you!