Thursday, April 3, 2008

And "YES" the ER at Tuality Hospital was nice.....

After not sleeping a wink the entire night last night I got Joe up at 5:30 a.m. to take me to the ER for this horrendous cough! I am down to my last set of underoos from that bladder issue too (just a little FYI that could be TMI). Depends here I come! The doctor who saw me was the sweetest little thing....she looked fresh out of doctor school! Anyhow, after checking me out she said this lovely little cough has been lasting up to six weeks in some people - lovely, by my calculations that will be approximately 38 more days at approximately hooowwww MANY DEPENDS a day? WOWZERR..guess I will be searching for money saving coupons soon!
With this sickness it has sent me back to anxiety land so YES I am having a LOVELY time between peeing my pants, feeling like I can't breath and pacing the bedroom wondering if I am truly going to lose my mind! True ANXIETY/PANIC disorder SUCKS! At this point I just have to say "Wished you were here" don't you?
Last night Joe and I ventured out for Sushi and a Hot Pot meal - it was so much fun and an experience we both enjoyed! The hot pot was similar to a Fondue but they fill a pot with broth, bring it to a boil and you throw in your vegies a few at a time and they cook right there while you watch - we had a vegetarian pot and so it came with lots of vegies as well as tofu - which was really good! You then each get dipping sauces as you scoop out the vegies after they are cooked! The owner even made us use chopsticks! Sooo much fun and an awesome experience to boot! We each had a couple plates of sushi off the bar too because that is the fun of a sushi bar! And why is it Lewiston doesn't have a sushi bar? All that for 28.00 with the tip which was a very generous one as the people were ALL so very nice!
So yes I have had one or two positive things happen along this Spring Break Vacation!
I just had a 3 hour nap after my all night party that I had ALONE..okay, Joe was in and out of sleep experiencing my joys with me last night!
Anyhow I do plan on venturing out in a little bit to experience Something more of this beautiful city...me and my bottle of prescription cough syrup which I will put in a flask and have it tucked in my Depends! Woohoo party on in Portland!

4 comments:

MrsD said...

Are you feeling better yet? At least they didn't forget you like they did me at TriState on Monday.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
1funmommy said...

That sucks you were sick on your vacation. I totally understand your leaking bladder problem too. I went out on Friday night and drank WAY too much. I woke up every hour to puke and ended up peeing the bed with every heave. It totally sucked!