Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring Break......and bladder leakage...

Where in the world am I?

I am outta town on Spring Break with the fam! Not up to par as I have a horrendous cough...which in combination my diuretic is not a good couple! I will be armoring myself with Depends soon! I could use some antibiotics from India I think about now....no more laughing at my Indian Drug Princess friend!

First stop on the expedition yesterday...the "Good GOODWILL". Wow it always amazes me to go there each time I visit my family here! It is truly a treasure hunt. I think you must have to put in a certain amount of time before you really start finding the real treasures....I ended up with a few pieces for Ang's building set, a new chocolate candy bar from the candy counter for Ang. Now..my SIL and niece came out with product...Old Navy jeans, Levi's and name brand shirts, a few kid toys to boot....it just wasn't my day!

After that we ended up heading toward Jantzen Beach to see what was there and for a place to dine....there were no real places to eat around the area that inerested us that we saw. There was a Toys R Us going out of business but we were looking for food not toys at the time! We ended up getting 10.00 worth of gas there from a dude who was dressed like Elvis at some gas station - Elvis is more than a "Hound Dog" now...he has progressed to filling gas tanks at the local Arco...and unbeknownst to most he has not left the gas station!

Across the bridge we went towards Vancouver....We spied a Joe's Crab Shack along the river so we headed there....it is a fun place to eat plus we had a great view of the river as we were literally right next to it and tons of fisherman in their boats fishing for something! Great food too!

We cruised around the area for a bit and hit a Craft Warehouse where I picked up a few NeCeSsItIeS....it is all necessities isn't it? After that we headed back to the Oregon side of the river. We hit Washington Square - they have a Cheesecake Factory there - yumm-o but I resisted no visit to the Cheesecake Factory for me! Angelo discovered on the mall directory a "Lego" store which neither Joe or I believed the poor kid until we checked out another directory and sure enough there was a Lego store but of course, it was at the opposite end we were at...isn't it ALWAY? We hit the store and Angelo picked out Lego colors and pieces he wanted as you buy by the container. He wanted some Lego people which only come in boxes and are kind of pricey but it is vacation and he really has wanted some people for quite sometime so we bit the bullet and decided to just buy them! We then approached the register and had something happen to us that doesn't EVER happen....you just hear of those pay it forward moments! What a blessing!

So after the mall we hit Sonic for a drink and a quick bite....I was thinkin' about Kristi and her Coke with cherry flavor (I believe?) that she was getting accustomed to when she was in Texas awhile back... though I opted for OJ thinking the vitamin C could only help my cough but, unfortunately, only contribute to the bladder issues!

Toodles peeps...I need to get my armor on for the day ~ supposed to start being sunny and warm here for awhile this week! Maybe my pants will have a chance to dry out!

5 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

Hope you have a great time. We will miss you tonight!!!

1funmommy said...

OMG! Brenda, you crack me up! Sounds like you are having a blast! I missed you last night :( Well, I'm babysitting and I gotta go lay down the law!

Kristi O said...

oh my gosh, there is a Joe's crab shack, a cheesecake factory and a Sonic there??? now that is vacation! I wish I was with you. I need those restaurants and some fun. I am slaving away here in the Big Lew. I hope you start to feeling better first!! darn it! you are such good parents to get the lego people! hahaha

MrsD said...

I didn't know there are Lego people! I remember you telling me about the "good" Goodwill before.
You guys must of passed J, he's been running the Oregon Coast the last few days.

The Hussy Housewife said...

Ha!! You had the last laugh now!!! Ma'am??