Monday, April 21, 2008

Tomato Brother Surprise....

Yesterday was a surprise day for me....

Some friends had gotten together and planned a little party at Tomato Brothers that I wasn't aware of. I knew we were planning on lunch there with some friends but when I walked around the corner I was surprised by a whole group of friends! THANKS FRIENDS! I got to admire baby K all through lunch - she is quite the little charmer! I think she could quite possibly be the cutest baby around! My parents joined in the festivities and I believe my dad and truckdriving daddy hit it off, sharing stories of the LONG HAUL life and California traffic. I am glad my parents had a good time and it seemed as if all my friends did too! I know I did!

It was a great way to end my Birthday weekend! I enjoyed it all!

I ended up spending the afternoon at my parents when we should have been grocery shopping for the week but it was nice to relax and work on a jigsaw puzzle and visit.

This morning we woke up to a bit of snow - not much but still snow on April 21st and it is snowing right now - WOW! STOP already....isn't it supposed to be SPRING? Okay so maybe the snow is turning to HAIL - Yep pea sized hail spitting out of the sky! What's up with that?

On a sad note...my SIL and bro lost one of their Macaw's yesterday, Merlin, he was 26and he was beautiful. He went over the rainbow bridge and is now flying with the other birds and in no more pain with his gout. Fly Free Merlin!


1982-2008

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run, fly and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run, fly and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to fly from the group, soaring over the green grass, his wings carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

3 comments:

1funmommy said...

Ah! I'm jealous! Where was I yesterday :) Glad you had a good time!

MrsD said...

Listening to you and your mom talk about the birds yesterday makes me want to get one. J used to have birds but they died in a house fire--thanks to his ex-wife. He chokes up talking about them still. So sad.

Miss K and I were at Safeway this morning and came out to the blizzard up there. lol.

bluecru said...

Thank you Brenda for the rainbow bridge. Merlin is flying like a eagle and is in No pain. Love ya!!