Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve......

Well the big day is almost here.....
Tonight the BIG MAN in the RED SUIT shall fly through the sky delivering his special gifts to each of us.....some people think I deserve a bucket full of coal? What's up with that? I have been good, real good!

I am really having a hard time concentrating today on the work at hand! No wonder Ang has been so jacked the past few days especially! WOWEE....counting down the days and telling me each day how many days are left til Christmas.

I wanted to go to Wally World at 2:30 a.m. today but my lovely husband said I shouldn't.....first off he said I couldn't get "out" of the driveway - YA right, he has every morning why wouldn't "I" be able to get out of the driveway....I am woman, hear me roar, watch me plow through that snow! Secondly, he said he couldn't sleep and would be worrying about me at Wally World if I went! Thirdly, he said I would NOT be able to get back UP the driveway.....ya, again, right.....4 wheel drive and speed will get me up that sucker! I wasn't planning on taking the low rider....I was taking the CRV - DUH! Besides I didn't want to fight any crowds like it will be today and I thought perhaps, just maybe, if they got a shipment in there would be the highly sought after product of the week....a snow shovel! Yep, sold out all over town - no SS to be found anywhere! Go figure, we never have enough snow and especially that sticks around any length of time! Well I have a good 10 inches staring me in the face right now and more predicted in our weather fortune in the near future! I thought if I happened to find snow shovels I would buy a few extra and sell them on CRAIGSLIST and make money like they do with highly sought after local concert tickets - you know the old bend over and I will burn ya technique! Seriously, I could never do that to anyone....well, okay, maybe some naughty person but not the general population! Then I would feel guilty about my dirty deed for weeks/months...and probably years!

The funny thing about all the above chit-chat is dear Joe headed off to work this morning and apparently slipped on the stairs and fell on them.....I am laughing, it is NOT funny but I am laughing. It brings back memories of years prior when he did the same thing with a new puppy in his arm - only that day he was in his robe and sprawled out in the middle of the front yard in the snow with his tools exposed. The dog somehow survived that incident but no wonder she was a nervous nelly after that.....

I have called Home Depot and their truck that could possibly have snow shovels is stuck in Portland. The Kmart lady laughed at me when I asked if they had them. I stopped calling after that....I can only take so much humiliation on the Eve of Christmas.


There were blue skies this morning and I saw a flock of geese fly over in formation this morning - they are truly amazing to watch! It is beautiful just to see them flying in that "V" and how they switch positions around as they fly.


Afternoon has arrived and I still have not completed my blogation....I am getting ready to hit the town for a last minute rendevous with the items I think I must have. I located a possible SS delivery here in the VALLEY - SHHHH......I have a friend staked out at the hardware store awaiting the truck to unload the 100 shovels that came in on it today. That is a friend for ya, headin' out on Christmas Eve to grab 2 shovels for my mom & me. She is waiting patiently with 30 of her closest groupies who also want SS before more snow arrives.

Enjoy your Christmas Eve & who you share it with!

1 comment:

MrsD said...

lolZ at Joe in the snow showing off his family jewels.