Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I got creative today.....

I was wanting to create something today so I decided why not start with some pictures from a few days ago and do a scrapbook layout before I forget what I wanted to say.
I put Angelo's letter to Santa on the two pages...well, let's say ONE of his letters to Santa - he had about 3 going at any one time but this was the final letter right before Christmas. I broke it apart and scrapped it!
Not much else happenin' today other than the layout. I did manage to get out of bed before 11:00 a.m. I have an excuse though I was up until 2:00 a.m. watching the ER show on Discovery - pretty graphic but for some reason I like it. One of the patient's last night had been scalped by a piece of metal that flew through his windshield while he was driving down the road - can you say OUCH! It was pretty gross to boot, I almost couldn't handle it! Then he was worried about being disfigured on the back of his scalp from the accident. I have to say the gentleman had a pretty good self image if he was worried about the top back of his head being disfigured.

I finally finished the afghan I was crocheting on since this fall. I accomplished that late last night. I started on another afghan last night too - this one is pinks & browns - I think I am giving this one as a gift if it turns out half way decent.
I have to admit I have been kind of naughty the last couple weeks and ordered a few things off ebay...two cricut cartridges for cheap, cheap, cheap still in the original package (less than $25.00) and some fabric today....I really want to start quilting again. I accomplished a small quilt that turned out very nice a few years back and then had to have my gallbladder out and at the time I had 12 ornaments to finish for the exchange that year and then as we all know - time marches on and here I am 4 years later and haven't done anymore quilting. I plan to accomplish some more in 2009.
Tomorrow is the big celebration for the NEW year! We already have our reservations in at two places as we will be starting at one place and heading to another after dinner - "we like to move it, move it! One of the party goers is having a birthday too so things could get a little wild! I will have to have the old camera charged up and ready to go - I am always good for a few blackmail pictures that could show up at any given time anywhere on the world wide web!

Congrats goes out to some "NEW HOME OWNERS"! Way to go! So much closer to the rest of the world now! HA!

5 comments:

MrsD said...

lol. You mean closer to you/J, and two other scrappers for get togethers.
I'm NERVOUS!

MrsD said...

Hey! Change J's link to the new one. TIA! <------- Thank you in advance!

Grey Rooster said...

we have to have it inspected then from that any repairs must be fixed then we have to really get approved for this loan, they say we are but when they do the actual paper work then we will know if this house is really a for sure thing, so its still unknown at this time.....sorry but you can still hope for us, hehehehe Idaho sounds desparate for some new meat hehehehehe really spent years up in North Idaho, know all about idaho, hehehehehe we might just join in but its still not a for sure yet so don't spoil it, can you tell I am nervous about all of this, man I swear time is going by so slow....hehehehe

1funmommy said...

I can't beleive how sick you have been lately! Maybe you should work on an afghan for me! Love you! Will I see you this weekend??

Grey Rooster said...

Okay now I just read all of the blog. Hmmm about the blackmail fotos ohhhhh I will bring a camera to get some of you too hehehehehehe beware of the birthday boy hehehehehe he is sneaky sneaky sneaky....