Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ho-ho-ho and I thought I was going to die.......

Christmas was great - had a good time opening gifts and everyone of mine was a total surprise because I had no clue what I was getting - I scored! Angelo scored the biggest as always!

I got an awesome Brighton necklace with charms on it that I just love, love, love!

We hung out at home in the morning opening and playing with our gifts and then I whipped up an apple/huckleberry pie from some of the berries we picked in the summer. We hung out with my parents most of the afternoon and then called it a night and came home.

Once back at home I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up about 4:30 a.m. to go to bed and by 5:30 I was one sick chick. I spent the next 6 hours attached to the bathroom facilities in one way or another. NOT SO GOOD! At one point Joe asked if I wanted to go to the ER but I said "NO" and headed back to bed. Finally about 9:30 p.m. last night I was able to eat a cup of jello and drink some diet 7-up. I feel pretty much normal today but yesterday I seriously thought I was going to die!

We have the next week off on vacation - we were supposed to head to SLC but the roads are kind of treacherous and the Interstate has been closed off and on heading down south I-84 into Utah because of the winds & snow. I would hate to get that far and be stuck in that less than appealing (to me) part of the world!

I think I will play and look for something to do this afternoon/evening....something fun after my near death episode (okay, okay - so I may be stretching it a little)....at least my dogs hung out with me all day in bed and cuddled with me! That was probably the "best" Christmas present they could ask for....me sleeping with them all day between my "springing from the bed" to run to the bathroom.

2 comments:

Kristi O said...

glad you are on the mend! Merry Christmas

MrsD said...

J would not let me steal the shovel for you that the Safeway's in Sandpoint had by their front door that they were using to shovel snow.