Sunday, December 14, 2008

Friday night celebrations....

I was in denial....you see Saturday we were going to go out of town to a cabin to play in the snow....with friends from sorority. Ang had been sick all week - it all started last weekend with a headache and fever, missed Monday & Tuesday of school, Wednesday was still not the best, Thursday he was suffering the big "D" and Friday he came home in a "mood" and whiny and crying....I was still thinking that he would HEAL by Saturday.....I was thinking this so positively that I went to the store on Friday night and bought him a new hat & gloves for the event!

I ventured out ALONE Friday night - I had hardly been out of the house all week....we needed Children's DRUGS....Oh and you probably don't want to refer to them as "DRUGS" in front of your child - just an FYI.....I said "I am going to get some DRUGS" - being funny and Angelo was like all over me like white on rice about DRUGS! Then I thought peachy, I can just see him going to school and telling everyone his mom went for DRUGS Friday night - ummm yaa...I can see the Valley DRUG Task Force knocking at my door already.

Anyhow, I ventured out and thought I would have some fun while I was out.....so I went to JoAnn Fabrics and wandered - I couldn't find a thing that I could not live without so I left there and treated myself to a special drink and then went to Shopko because I didn't want to FIGHT The WALMART Christmas SHOPPERS.....anyhow I get in, get out and get home and drug him up on the two Tylenol and send him on his merry way to bed......

I wrap my tasks up short of 11:00 p.m. and hit the hay also. At 12:53 he shows up in our bedroom sobbing, squeaking in his missing voice "I CAN'T take this anymore....I just can't take being sick" sob, sob, sob, "My throat hurts" sob, sob, sob, more "I can't take it" and then I fold and let him crawl into bed and it continues.....so at 1:45 finally I get up and go to the sofa to sleep and leave him in MY SPOT in the bedroom - everything went quiet and we all got a few hours of sleep. I was up at 7:30 a.m. and getting ready to beat the rush to the Minor Care when it opened.....We get there, get in 1st and they run a Strep which comes back positive. So we get the kid on antibiotics (not to be confused with DRUGS) and he is doing much better this a.m. but still speaking in a whisper.

So at any rate, when I should have been doing some Christmas shopping yesterday I was at the Minor Care, picking up anbiotics and a quick run to the grocery store for necessities.....an afternoon nap and making dinner last night. What a life huh - We should have been out of town at a cabin in the snow, laughing and staying warm by the fire........

I am doing fun things today and making Pretzel Hugs....who couldn't use a little extra heat from the oven when it is 14 degrees out......WHO ordered this ice cold weather anyhow?

3 comments:

MrsD said...

I want a pretzel hug thingy. What is it?

and here I was thinking yesterday that A was sledding for the first time and hoping he was having fun! Is he at all feeling better?

Grey Rooster said...

Its always better to take care of family first before you go out to play... you can play anytime but being sick just happens and hope all is well, what ever you do stay away till your better LOL....

Jean said...

well you have been having fun haven't you. Its too cold out to play in the snow I'm thinking anyway. Been doing crafty things are you? You should come by and see what I"ve done this past week. really fun stuff.