Saturday, February 23, 2008

Drum roll POLEEEAAAASEEE....

Okay - so I get up early this a.m. and head off to the grand weigh in....

I was nervous because last night I went to an auction and had 1/2 of my dessert and tasted a couple of others. I would have been way worse in the past though, consuming mine and probably another one if I could get my hands on one. Afterwards it was late and I was hungry for "real" food so we went through Arby's drive through and I was a little distressed because most of those sandwiches are quite a few points. I opted for a grilled chicken salad with lite dressing. Guess what? I was satisfied.

So the total for the weight loss is.....14.8 pounds!
I was amazed and so happy with that number. I am excited to see what happens next week!

The meeting was about negative thoughts and how we set ourselves up for things....hmmmm.....who does this sound like? MEEEEE! If I get up in the morning and look myself in the mirror and say, man look how ugly I look today, look at all these bumps/lumps, my clothes are ugly....this is negative and how much easier it will be to say "Now, what can I eat to make myself feel better?" Instead of finding things that are good about me and concentrating on the good and feeling good about the things I do good.

So I thought it would be fun to start making a gratitude journal (Kristi had talked about this before)....so I am borrowing her idea. This may help my overall attitude in life too because some days it is so hard not to feed myself negative thoughts!

Things I am grateful for:
***My husband and my son***
***My friends***
***The sunshine outside today and how the crisp sunny days feel so good***
***14.8 lbs gone from my body***
***Finding confidence to go exercise in front of strangers***
***Spring time***

I know these are pretty general things but I will try to get better at it....

Have a great weekend!

Too Sexy!
More Funny Pictures at pYzam.com

3 comments:

MrsD said...

OMGAAAHHHHH! YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY!!!!

I never tire one of those Arby's salads. I know someone else who eats them all the time so they must be good!

The Hussy Housewife said...

I am soooooo proud of you!!!! It is such a lifestyle change that can be hard to do....but your doing it!!!! Yeah, another MILF is coming up in the ranks. I better watch my back:)

1funmommy said...

OMG BRENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is frickin A Awesome!!! WOOOOOHHOOOOOO! I am sooooo PROUD of you! You Rock! Woot Woot!!! Love ya! So, now, how do I become one of your friends?? This is Sister Amber by the way :)