Thursday, March 6, 2008

Gains of a good kind....

Well this week has been an interesting one so far...my child has been home sick all week with me - he has the crud that this valley is infestated with right now, cough, fever, sore throat.....at least I am keeping him out of the public and at home like every SMART person should do! Hopefully he is on the mend, I am always not sure whether he should be taken to the doctor or not - I think if he can fight this off with his own little body then it is better than pumping him full of antibiotics so he can build resistance to them and then the next time he gets even sicker. He has to be getting better because he is more demanding than the first day he was at home. Oh the joys of mommyhood! I am also trying to work from home during all this too, so there you have it - nice to work at home but also when you are home with your child and the child is sick you have expectations that you can still work because it is right in your home and maybe these are just expectations I put on myself.

I got up and peeled myself out of bed to go to exercise - this is getting to be a habit I think! Anyhow, it was double dip day and NOOO that isn't ice cream dips either; so I did my time on the machines and then I decided to walk on the treadmill since I hadn't been on that since the first week I went. The first week I went I could only walk 2 minutes at the slowest speed and I was pretty much done, my legs were shaky and I was at my limits (pretty said, yes, I know)! Anyhow, just after a month I walked today for 8.5 minutes at 2 - it was good, it felt good probably could have pushed myself a bit further but the success is -- I DID IT! WAY TO GO MEEEE!

I am excited to get to be weighed and measured in a couple more weeks - it will be intersting to see what has happened in six weeks - I mean I weigh in once a week with my diet plan but this machine does your BMI, % of body fat, hydration....plus some other stuff and then you are measured! I hope I have decreased where I am supposed to.

Another "UP-SIDE" moment in my life - I got my ELTON JOHN TICKETS - I can't wait! My countdown clock is ticking away for that special DAY!

3 comments:

MrsD said...

My super fancy schmancy treadmill is buried under stuff in the garage. :(

I need to finish sorting thru the garage that I started a week or two ago.

Kristi O said...

I think it is so great you are committed! Its amazing I tell ya, You are going to be svelt in no time!!!

The Queen said...

Boo I really do read your blogs I just don't comment all the time. You know how I am. ME :)