Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday

I got up WAY to early this a.m. to get ready for the big "Weigh In". I am not sure why it has been so scary for me to face weigh in each week, I get anxious about not losing weight. I didn't lose any weight today but gained 1 lb. I am not upset because I know I did my best, I worked out 5x this week for 35-40 minutes each day, that is a whole lot more than I was doing just one month ago. I am not sure what the gain was about - I ate a late dinner last night could that be it? Is it because I had lost 14.8 lbs last week? Or is it the exercise? Everybody seems to have their own thoughts on it. I didn't like the fact that I gained after working so hard by I am not going to beat myself up over it - I tried, I ate properly and the results were not on the scales this week but that doesn't mean I failed. The talk today was about ANTs (automatic negative thoughts), it is amazing what our minds are programmed to say to us and how we can program our minds to say them or life experiences program it. This week's meeting was the second half of last weeks. It was some very good stuff to mull over. No matter what anyone says I am a success because I went today and I tried and I am off my butt doing something to better my life! We need to set our goals and visualize how we are going to handle things ahead of time, it makes sense because if mentally you decide how you are going to handle something you usually do it! I had to laugh because the leader started talking about putting our buffet pants on....I thought buffet pants - my thought was oh ya, loose, stretchy, big pants.....no, it is the ones that are fit snug, have a button and have no room to stretch because that reminds us what we don't want to do if we have snug pants on and the just fit us.

After weigh in I had to go pick the kid up at Home Depot as he was doing their woodwork project for kids that they do once a month - that is a story in itself. I go there to meet my mom who has taken him as he had spent the night and this is a grandma thing. So, I get there on time and decide to go in because I want to see his project and I know it will make him feel good if I go in. So I park, go in and there are no kids up where they are supposed to be by the service desk and of course the two service chicks are halfway busy and to important to help me so I trudge over to the cash registers where I find someone and ask where the kids clinic is and he says he doesn't know but he will find out (good answer - that is how they train us in customer service where I work)....so he asks someone and he then tells me it is over back where I had just come from by the garden center - so I go back over and I am thinking something isn't right when there are supposed to be a bunch of kids and I hear no noise - this just is NOT possible. So I get back past the service center and there is a Home Depot WORKERBEE buzzing around so I ask her where the kids clinic is and she says "Oh it is in the far corner of the store this time - back in lumber" - this is at the opposite side of the store that I am now on again! So, I thank her as I am grumbling under my breath - it would actually be scary if some of those guys there knew what the hell was going on.... I am really not a fan of that place because of other issues I have had over the few short years they have been in this valley! I get back to the kids and the dude is done with his race car project and grandma is trying to put his pin on his work apron and it breaks. She tells me this is the second one they have had and so I said give it here and I will take it and get a new one. I go over to a guy and say to him "hey, this pin broke can I get another one?" and he turns to a young girl who I will call LUMBERWOMAN and tells her, she says to him, which I am standing right there, that there is only one per project. So LUMBERWOMAN continues passing out the racecar kits to kids and I just stand there and stare at her, waiting for my pin - LUMBERWOMAN is obviously trying to ignore the fact that I am there but I stand there and stare at her....the guy that I asked initially is feeling uncomfortable so he is just looking back and forth at each of us. Finally LUMBERWOMAN gives in and grabs a pin and hands it to me and I say "thank you". I mean holy camolie I am asking for a replacement 10 cent pin to put on his apron - not for her to stop the world!

I get out of that store as fast as the treads on my SKETCHERS will take me!

I then head to Joann Fabric and as I pull in the parking lot I am waiting for some chick to back her NEON out of a parking spot and some old geezer honks his horn at me who is right behind me, so I LAY ON MY HORN - I said to my husband, "if that man says one word to me I am going to kick his a#$". I am done taking crap from people -I feel like the lady in Fried Green Tomatos when the girls take her parking spot. I should have followed him in to Albertson's and started throwing apples at him or something - what a Jerkasaurus!

I finally get in to Joann Fabs and the whole fam had to come in with me. I was just walking around the store and decided to stop to look at patterns as they were on sale - Lord knows I can't pass up a sale! Who shows up but the one and only - "Indian Drug Princess"....we were chit chattin away and my kid finds me and starts crawling all over me like I am a jungle gym and then wanders off to set off all the singing little animal creatures in the display at the front of the store. I ignore him and try to pretend he is not mine, besides I am in the back of the store behind the pattern files. Before I knew it my man was dragging me away, out of the store and with no purchases at all - what was that all about? He had a GRIP on me! (is that the proper use of street slang? hmmm, no I don't think so....)

From there I buzzed over to KFC to meet a lady from Pullman who I bought some stamps from off of Craigslist....3 sets for 24.00 (Stampin' UP) - what a bargain - cute too! I felt like I was waiting there in the parking lot to do an illegal drug purchase or something!

Saturday's Gratitude List:
~Sunshine today that warms my soul!
~My Elton John tickets - YES! I am so there and anticipating the date!
~My fam for being patient with me as I buzzed around town today!
~My mindset and that I have been getting up with a smile and ready to go exercise, it feels so good and the ladies there are so much fun to laugh with for a few minutes each day! What better way to start a day than with some laughter!
~My creativity!

OH and yes,....The QUEEN who retired this week - she wrote on her blog yesterday as a title "IT IS ALL ABOUT ME NOW..." I had to laugh to myself and say "It is all about ME now? ~ Weiner, when has it NOT been ALL ABOUT YOU?" It is always about you, from ripping sale clothes out of my hand and telling me they would look better on you to getting the MASTER BEDROOM in the Hotel we stayed in and then telling us to be quiet when we were in our room and YOU wanted to watch a movie in OUR room"! Brother, it is about me now??? NOW???

3 comments:

MrsD said...

I'm just lol'ing.

When were you up at Home Depot? I was up there around 1-ish. Ross Dress For Less got me.

Bfun1 said...

9:30 a.m. then back at Ross at 2:00!

Blogger said...

Get your access to 16,000 woodworking plans.

Teds Woodworking has more than 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP-BY-STEP instructions, pictures and drafts to make all of the projects laughably easy!