Monday, March 10, 2008

I am trying so hard....

On Friday night I hung with a friend at CPS for a couple of hours - but waiting in the parking lot outside the store was the interesting part! I can't believe this town and what the kids do for their "CRUISE NIGHT"...some idiot had his hands on a megaphone and was yelling racial slurs and I saw a cop drive by twice and they did NOTHING....I mean this kid was a true REDNECK - if you hang out on Main Street on Friday night with your friends standing in the back of your pickup yelling racial slurs on a megaphone "You ARE probably a redneck in Lewiston, Idaho"! It is embarrassing to live here sometimes! If you have feelings toward other races fine but don't stand on Main Street with a megaphone screaming it you LOSER! Seriously, I was embarrassed!

Saturday was the big WEIGH day and what a let down - 0.4 lbs down! I am trying so hard but after the meeting I was thinking I am probably not eating the right things -i.e. not enough protein and not enough of of the "right thing" (i.e. fruits/vegetables). I have been counting my points and doing under my point allowance but maybe not the right combo of foods - lots of 100 calorie snack packs (cookies/chips) - BAADDD ME! Hopefully this week will be lots more rewarding for me!

After weigh in I went for breakfast with the fam. Angelo was feeling lots better and so we went out - it was nice to get out after a week of being in the house. I then had a sorority event with my service sorority at the Animal Shelter here - we toured and visited with all the animals - there was the cutest little PUG puppy (9 weeks old - D, how bout that one for you or your mom?).



We were going to bath some of the dogs but it was way to overcast and cool for the dogs and us too - so we took some of the dogs for a walk. Some of the dogs stories were hidious - horrible - I don't believe what people do and abandon dogs for WHAT reasons? I think people should be microchipped and should be scanned when they go to adopt a dog! I mean "HELLO" - an animal is a responsibility that is going to shed, have accidents, needs companionship and love - not to be abandoned or shot for dead! SICKOS!



Anyhow the dog walk, oh ya, I was talking about the walking the dogs - I picked an older dog thinking she would be SLOOOWWW - but oh no she still had the spunk in her and took me for the walk - I felt like I had been in a marathon or something after walking her! A group of us went out to lunch afterwards and shared some more stories and laughter - it was great to be able to do that after being locked up in the house all week with my kiddo!

I spent Saturday afternoon with my parents visiting - that was good - I don't get that opportunity all the time! It was very relaxing! Sunday we slept in after Angelo had woke us up in the midst of the night coughing and crying about just wanting to feel better! Poor kid, I mean a week of feeling like crud is bad, the antibiotics he got are horrible tasting - I tried a tad because he was complaining so bad and they are icky - why can't they make them a little more palatable? We went to lunch with some friends and then the biweekly trip to COSTCO! We came home unpacked the groceries and I crashed after playing 3 games of UNOspin with Angelo! I was back up at 10:30 p.m. until 12:30 hanging out and then went back to bed! I think I am overwhelmed with LIFE right now and Angelo not feeling well!

Anyhow it is Monday morning now and another work week.....

6 comments:

MrsD said...

I called my mom. I wish we were in our "own" house!

Bfun1 said...

they said at the pound that the guy in charge is looking for an older person without kids.....I think they are just looking for someone they know is going to take care of it....it was a BOY and he was a cutie! GOSH he was cute! They had 4 PUG pups and this is the last one of them!

MrsD said...

She called and someone else was coming to look at this one and they told mom to call back later today to see how it went.

Why in the world someone took puppies to that place! It IS a no kill shelter BUT what a lot of people don't know is that after a while they transfer them to a KILL shelter and they are put down. That's how we got Tucker. He had been transferred out and was to be put down the next day after mom finally found where they transferred him too.

MrsD said...

Oh LORD! You have to go read TODAYS entry on the labor and delivery blog! lmbo!

Anonymous said...

please lets not show animals at a shelter all locked up, I will have to drive my truck through the fence and bust it down and set them free... I hate people that abuse animals in anyway, show me a picture of them so I can run them over with the big truck, leave tire track on there back....

1funmommy said...

I had so much fun hanging out with you! I love you! You are soo funny! I still can't figure out how to add friends. Apparently, I'm blog dumb!