Sunday, May 4, 2008

I can see clearly now....

WOW - that is 2.5 days I don't want to re-live! Okay there were some really cute things that happened when I was soooo sick! Thursday night is when the illness knocked me down - I didn't feel well all day but by 5:00 Thursday night I was not good! Joe was working late so I told Angelo "Mom has to go lady down for awhile". I told him I didn't feel well and that is when Nurse Angelo came to the rescue. He kept checking on me and brought me a cup of water with a straw in it and said "mom, you better drink some water - it may help you feel better". I didn't want to but he was just so darn cute about it - I did! He then told me I need to take Tylenol so I directed him to the bottle in the bathroom (bad mom - yes, I know) but he got it and brought it to me and then proceeded to tell me he could open the "childproof" cap and he did - dumped out two Tylenol in the lid and then dumped them in my hand - such a sterile procedure. Anyway that was so cute - it made my heart happy even though my body was sick and weak.

I missed work Friday - there was just NO way, even working at home, that I could have sat up all day - I slept most of the day away.

I woke up Saturday morning hoping to be "healed" and I still felt yucky - I spent part of Friday night/Saturday morning up anyhow watching the TV (just an FYI - there is nothing much on between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. - thankfully I had some DVR'd episodes of Little People Big World I could watch). Having not eaten anything for 2.5 days and very little in the way of fluids I felt real rough. I managed to shower and get ready to go weigh-in at WW. I downed a little bit of 7-Up and some Imodium after having an early morning RUN on underwear changes (anyhow, you get the point), and headed over to weigh in - Here is what fasting can do for ya - 6.6 lbs lost! I am SOOOO dreading next Saturday when I am REhydrated, have eaten and have NOT been sprinting to the bathroom every 30 minutes and then having to step on the scales - I have a hunch it ain't gonna be so pretty but we will see - I will hold a bit of hope but I expect something in the way of a GAIN! Anyhow, then it was off to the early a.m. soccer game (Last one for SPRING soccer) - I decided I better lay low and stay close to the vehicle just in case I needed to make a quick run to the quicky mart for a bathroom break but THANKFULLY the Imodium (even having been outdated from 3/07) still did its business!

After lying low Saturday afternoon we went out for dinner with friends and then to here our favorite singer sing at a club. It was good to get out of the house with some adult time and feeling halfway back to normal!

Today we rose early and headed to pick up Angelo at Grandma & Grandpa's house, that was our strict instructions - pick him up IN THE MORNING (EARLY)! Gotta love em! We had to do a Costco run because we were running short on the T-paper! I picked up some potting soil and had plans of redoing my pots for the summer. We then grabbed lunch out - I had a killer cup of soup! We were headed home and had to swing by K-mart and I picked up some flowers to plant in my pots, which I am proud to say I got accomplished - they are in the pots as I type tonight! I just finished whipping up a strawberry rhubarb crisp and it is cooking - it is for Joe-Joe's birthday tomorrow....SHHHHHH!

I will post some pics of my flower pots tomorrow....I am TOOOO tired to get my camera to hook it up to the computer to download the pics right now!

2 comments:

1funmommy said...

Thank goodness you are feeling better! Hopefully, you will continue on the down hill slide of weight loss. I have not been doing well at all! I want some rhubarb crisp! That is my FAVORITE!!!!!!! YUMMY! I hear you won't be there Tuesday. I'm sooooo sad!

MrsD said...

ICU2. lol.