Sunday, May 18, 2008

What a weekend....I am tired, okay EXHAUSTED!

It was REVELATION weekend finally for sorority. We spent the weekend in a cabin out of town! It was good to be with girlfriends, laugh, be silly and relax! No time schedule, no errands to run - it was an escape! I so needed it. I love to sit and watch the campfire, smell the campfire and the clean air, listen to the wind blow the pine trees, listen to the different birds, watch the deer in the distance and the wild turkeys. It was so nice! I could live in the woods in a cabin. I caught a good movie last night with some of the girls - P.S. I Love You - it was a great chick flick! Friday night I tried to watch 27 Dresses, I watched until my eyes wouldn't focus any more and had to hit the sack before the movie was over, unfortunately it was one of those nights that I hit the pillow and of course, then I couldn't got to sleep - I started thinking of the year prior when I was sharing a room with the Queen and how fun that was, listening to her CPAP machine (ha - it really wasn't bad) - I missed her and was lonely, there were the girls in another room laughing and talking and I was thinking how much I wished she was there to be silly with!!! I knew the girls in the other room would have welcomed me if I would have hopped up and went in to join in their chit-chat and laughter but I just laid in bed and had some thinking time!

Saturday afternoon the 11 of us girls "HAD" to play GUESSTURE (the charades game) - I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo didn't want to play! I just wanted to relax but there were some true WHINERS among us who forced EVERYONE to play (NO PERSONAL CHOICE WAS ALLOWED) - it was pretty funny to watch everyone get up and try to play out the words they were trying to get across to their teammates before the cards disappeared into the timer!

My forehead is sunburned from having my hair back in a headband - looking like a dork - and it is "ouchy" tonight! My back hurts from the chairs that I am not used to sitting in and getting up from, my body is so tired to start out a new work week, I hurt, I am yawning and my tail is dragging trying to scramble to make sure everyone has clean clothes, socks, underwear to dawn tomorrow for school and work but the weekend was sooo worth it!

I am so thankful I had the opportunity to spend a weekend with 11 wonderful ladies who put aside their personal lives to share a weekend with each other, act silly, share stories and get to know one another a little better! It feels so good to laugh and let loose....any maybe, just maybe, we all needed to hear stories from one another and perhaps each of us gained something we needed.

The best part of being away for a few days is coming home to see the family, learn about their weekend and what they did and just be with them again!

Well, tomorrow is going to come all to soon and it is an exciting day also - J&D are finalizing their adoption of K-Baby and have asked us to be there, I don't think Joe will be able to attend but I have planned to take an hour or so to go over and share in the joy and celebration of K-Baby's "GOTCHA DAY"! What a little BlEsSiNg she is! Tomorrow night it is another Celebration with them!

Happy MONDAY - OHHHHHHHH -I wonder how I am going to begin to get through the day as exhausted as I feel right now!

5 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

I hear you on the exhausted part sister. I got home and felt like I was going to pass out.
I am glad you had a good time but you really shouldn't let people push you around. You should told the "enforcer" of Guesstures to take a flying leap! ;)

Bfun1 said...

I tried to tell the person - and...by the way, wasn't that person YOU?

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

It couldn't have been cause I'm just not a pushy person.

MrsD said...

Miss K must be exhausted from three days with daddy and the judge and her party. It's 8:44 and she's still asleep!

Bfun1 said...

Party on Miss K - she was so funny with her pouty lip last night and then crying! She is so CUTE!