Friday, May 9, 2008

Is the week almost over?

This has been one HECK of a week! WOW, I have spent so much time stressed out over school for my son and time spent with the principle....HOLY COW, I was "emotionally" drained and still am half empty. My child is in private school and I guess my expectations are too high or something. I mean the past three weeks he has been in trouble at least two times each week. I know he is NO ANGEL but come on.....from drinking too much of the communion wine (wine - not to be confused with the blood of Christ and alcohol is bad for you - just in case you didn't know!), to being locked in the boys bathroom by a child he has NEVER gotten along with and I have REQUESTED that he not spend time around this child because the kid picks on him - so this week he goes to the bathroom with him as the boys have to take another boy with him and no one would go with him to the bathroom besides this kid - so guess what, he holds the stall door so my child can't get out of the stall and my child yells and gets busted! Put it this way....it was the LAST straw in my day!

I just am full and fed up! I can't take a lot more! I am angry and upset! Even after talking I just feel drained and empty. My husband feels better but I just feel like there are no true answers to these problems.

I often wonder if my name was a significant name in this valley that I would have the same problems with my child in private school. Let's face it...this town there are some BIG FISH in a little POND attitudes and they have lotsa pull wherever they go and the average person is pond scum (at least that is my interpretation)! I am tired of it! I am someone and so is my family! I am tired of sitting on the sideline and getting smooshed - it happens at work and it happens at school! I would like to tell people don't treat me like crap, respect me and don't yank me around - why do you think you can yank me around and treat me the way you do? What gives you the right? Is it because I don't fit into your mold of perfection or financial categories!

The other part of me says - you know what, when this life is over and we are all called to stand in judgment in front of our maker I won't have to answer to him for them, the ones that treat others badly....nope...they are going to stand there and be responsible for their actions and the people the tripped up in life. I need to hand the grief that these people dish out to me and others back to them in a kind manner and let them be responsible for their actions. I will only be responsible for ME and my actions - which I make mistakes and am naughty but my heart tries to be good most of the time unless I am overfilled with SCUM and GUNK which is where I am now!

I need to trust the maker that he is going to take care of the gunk that people dish out and the gunk in my life.

I am tired of the worry if people like me. I am done trying to pass inspection. You know that takes a heck of a lot of time trying to please others - it takes away from my family's time with me because I am worried about pleasing people. Do others worry if they are pleasing me or hurting me - NOPE, I don't think so! It needs to stop and now!

Okay, so on an up note - which they are far and few between the last few days....I need to get some projects done this weekend - like my Secret Sister gift for next weekend - it is Revelation for sorority! I started something earlier this year and need to wind it up and get it done! I also need to decide on another project - sometimes it is so hard to figure out something to be creative with! I have ideas I just don't know what the person would LOVE!

So at 4:00 tonight it is off to the races - kid goes to birthday party at the aquatic center, i pick the husband up at work and go to the field at school and wait for my name to be announced to win the $25,000.00 toward a NEW CAR (wouldn't that just be the gift?)...of course, $1,000.00 worth of gas wouldn't be bad either!

So as usual Friday is here and let the RACES begin! I am so looking forward to next weekend - out in the cabin at Revelation, campfire, laughter and relaxation! Oh HOW I NEED THAT! Can I make it through another week like this one? GULP!$#!!!!

5 comments:

MrsD said...

Sounds like a chair needs to be removed.

:)

Grey Rooster said...

I think bending over the chair sounds better hehehehehehehe, (spankie spankie) hehehehehehehe okay did I make you smile :)

Bfun1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bfun1 said...

Bad DOG! To your kennel MISTER!
Drive safe in this weird weather.
We went for a drive today from Juliaetta, Kendrick, Deary, Princeton, Potlatch, Moscow and then stopped for a picnic at the park - it was darn cold! Joe was all wrapped up in a king size flannel blanket and all he needed was a jewel pasted to his forehead and we would call him good! He seriously was sitting with a blanket over his head and down to his feet - quite the site! I should have ran and got my camera!

1funmommy said...

I am with ya girl! I think you finally have it figured out though. My husband ALWAYS says "F*ck 'em". He doesn't give a shit what others think of him. If only I could be more like him. I am SOOOOOO excited for revelation too. Hopefully, I won't worry too much about the boys :(