Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bathroom story....and...it isn't mine!

Okay so....the story goes like this.....
My husband has to go potty and we are pulling in to JoAnn Fabrics. So he races in and disappears. I am looking at what I went for and a few minutes goes by and he comes up to me and says "I have to leave, they caught me in the employee bathroom". I think to myself "okay, so did they ask him to leave the store and not come back". I debated whether to finish getting what I needed or just abandoning my basket and leaving.

I stayed and got what I needed and waited through the extremely LOOONNNGGGG line at their groovy new checkout (ya right)....watched a 90 year old lady go right up to the cash register with her cane and checkout why she looked at us all standing in line like we were idiots. I was laughing to myself - I couldn't say something I mean she was OLD...but how the hell do these people get by with being oblivious and then you wonder if they are doing it out of confusion or spite....some oldies are spiteful little turds so ya just never know! So I check out and head for the car.

I ask my lovely husband what "went down" in the bathroom....here is the story he relayed....
He tried to use the public restroom and it said "OUT OF ORDER" so he thought to himself, okay do I dirty myself or do I use employee restroom.....so he opted for the alarm to sound (which is what the sign on the door says) and went in. He was in the stall (locked) as the door didn't lock and taking care of business when one of the employees comes in and tries to get in the stall and he said she really tried. He said "I am in here" and she waited outside the stall....not outside the restroom for him to finish up but outside the stall (do you find this a little weird?)...... So, when he breaks from the stall she immediately enters and relieves herself while he is washing his hands. She comes out and tells him that this is an employee restroom and he is not to be in it. He explains that the other was out of order to which she says he is still not to be in the employee restroom. So he was po'd and left.....

First off let me say that I think it is pretty crummy for a place like JoAnn Fabrics to NOT have a public restroom....moms and kids in the store and no restroom just doesn't make a good combo in my mind. I have written to corporate about this exact thing to no avail, no response, thus meaning they don't give a rat's a#s about it. It seems every time I enter that store I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now.....you know the tune....anyhow it was not a good thing to not have a restroom. Now the bad part of me (I mean the really bad part...yes, hard to believe but there is a bad little devil man that haunts me at times) wants to wear a dress in the store sometime with no undies and when the urge hits let gravity takes its course.....other than the shoes getting ruined I think it would only take a couple of times before they would catch on that they need to have the restroom in working order. Pretty gross, yes, I know....but I also think it is pretty stinkin' rotten to not have a public restroom in a chain store like JoAnn Fabrics.

Okay so that is my spoiled rotten rant for the day but I did have to laugh at my husband's little escapade.....tooo funny!

4 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

What the hell? Do you like live at this store? I think you should have your own VIP parking spot and park your hieny spot!

MrsD said...

I was in there today all fixated on the upholstery fabric. I witnessed two people get crappy customer service.

And then the cashier up front was having a belching contest with her friend out in the first entry area. Lovely sounds as I first entered the store.

1funmommy said...

Oh yeah nice isn't it? I was in Spokane once with my cousin and we were at the 50% off card store. Her 3 year old daughter had to GO. They woulndn't let here there, so she went next door to Joanne's. You got it, no there too. Finally, at the 3rd store she was able to find a customer potty. If they do that to my kids I'm gonna let them drop em right there and piss on their floor!

Grey Rooster said...

I am in a pissy mood, I am here to fix it right for ya, I would have gone in there and took a dump then put on the rubber gloves and wrote with poo on the walls "please fix my restroom, yours is dirty" hehehehe maybe then they get the hint, if not go back again and poo all over the seat and leave the floor wet by the door... take me shopping next time....FTA