Thursday, October 9, 2008

I am stepping in deep waters I know but....

I will be so glad when the elections are over. I watched 3 Idahoans debate last night - it was a local debate and WOW - the dude who is the independent was pretty radical....scary radical! I have never been much in to politics because I don't understand the lies and deceit they feed all of us, I mean there is no way that I could stand in front of people and say bad things about another person standing up there with me - No WAY - something isn't right about that and the fact that a lot of them lost their morals somewhere along the path of politics - or perhaps before they even started on the political trail!

I realize there needs to be change here and we desperately need some. I was getting my hair beautified the other day and this young girl who worked in the shop comes in with a swollen cheek and has an abscessed tooth - she has no insurance and every dentist she called wanted 500-700 dollars cash to pull her tooth and treat her? WHAT? I just don't get it....my mom is in the same boat, she is on Medicare and she has a tooth that needs treatment and she was given the option last week to have a root canal to the tune of $700 or have it pulled for $150 - now, how in the heck does a retired person on limited income with prices skyrocketing for groceries, utilities, etcetera afford $700 for a root canal - tell me? It is totally frustrating to me and reminds me how screwed up our country is - I mean we see all the adds and stories about these third world countries having no medical treatments and people are dying - I feel like we are not far behind but yet there is all the support monetarily being sent overseas - what about right here right now! Just kind of sad if you ask me - it makes me sad to even think about all the people with nothing and no healthcare, alone & helpless living here in the United States.

I am pretty simple on my thoughts and probably don't really understand the big picture but it is just sad and we need change.

I will vote - even though I feel like my vote won't count and I always know who will be president before I even cast my vote after work - which sucks and is wrong to televise that.

So what a lame post but the medical part has been wearing on my mind for awhile and irritates the hell out of me - if there was a way I could pay for my mom to have a root canal I would but I don't have that kind of money to give....if I did, I would, I know my mom likes to take care of herself and look nice and feel good about herself if she has no money or not! I would like to say she is proud but that is not the word I am looking for!

Anyway, I am off to save the world with my small little mind!

1 comment:

1funmommy said...

I agree. But you know what gets me is how selfish America is. You know we have our priorities all mixed up. We think we have it bad if we can't drive a nice car or wear brand name clothes. Our medical sucks! I am paying out the hoo haw for the boys to have medical insurance and even with that they dont' have dental coverage. BUT I'm sure those people in the 3rd world countries would be fine with having to deal with our "hard times". Why is so much of the world so poor? We are living in the 21st century. You'd think we'd get it together by now.