Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Maybe I shouldn't have....but I did!

Okay so last night was soccer practice and afterwards as my son was expressing all his frustration and I egged it on.....he was talking about a child whom I have known and he was saying how he was being mean but no one ever sees it and so I told him the truth.....after 9 long years of holding my frustration in I bled and let him hear it.....was I wrong?....probably!....do I feel guilty?...definitely!....do I hope he doesn't repeat it - mmmm-maybe yah! But I feel a piece of me relieved - I think he is finally at an age where he is beginning to see how kids act and WHY they act the way they do! He said this particular kid was spoiled and I said yep, he is spoiled Angelo.....he said "I mean spoiled rotten to the yolk sac!" I grinned inside! No one seems to see this particular child when he misbehaves and somehow Angelo is always to blame.......this kid punched him and Angelo told the person he needed to but that particular person didn't hear him....hmmm, could it be because he is the dad of the child?

Oh, and I was listening to a good portion of this all going on because I was waiting in my vehicle with the windows down, no music (so I could listen to them).....so I know most of what went on!

Another child who has done things to him in the past was being bad too - I said Angelo what did you do? and he said and I am quoting him "I kicked him in the nuts!" - I said "ANGELO, don't talk like that!" I don't condone that particular act but I was laughing on the inside because how he said it! I think he is finally going to stick up for himself which I want...not sure how far I want him to go yet with sticking up for him but I am glad he is sticking up for his rights and not letting kids stomp on him! WTG! I don't want a bully but he needs to stand up and take some of these bad acts on himself!

I need to get the list out that his grandpa gave him and start memorizing it with him and for myself....I love the list:

THE NINE GUIDELINES
1. LOVE GOD;
2. LOVE YOURSELF;
3. LOVE OTHERS;
4. HAVE INTEGRITY;
5. DO WHAT IS APPROPRIATE;
6. KNOW WHO YOU ARE;
7. DEVELOP A GOOD MIND;
8. HAVE A GOOD HEART; AND
9. GET A GOOD EDUCATION.