Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday night ALREADY???

Time flies over the weekend - I can't believe the weekend is already over - I get nothing accomplished that I really "need" to get accomplished - like my housecleaning or straightening up or digging out! UGGHHH!!!!

Saturday morning was soccer bright and early at the field....OUCH it was cold out too! Anyhow, we won and ANGELO scored the 1st point - WOW - We were so excited! I think it got his game going in the right direction - he loved the scoring part. Afterwards we went to lunch with a friend and her son as her daughter and husband were out hunting....I asked her what the heck they traveled so many miles away when I just saw a deer not a mile from the soccer field????

I managed to get 3 stockings done for my ornament exchange and one more started....wow, only 8.75 more to go and the last six could get very, very difficult....you see I ordered a kit off QVC (Marie Osmond to be exact), it is a felting kit and I have wanted to learn to felt for quite some time (needle felt that is)....anyhow, so I order this cut which basically has the stocking printed on the felt and all the pieces that go with it.....so you cut them out, they have 2 needles (those were the ones I posted earlier this month) and the roving and bead/sequin embellishments and all the string to sew them together....a kit of 6....KEY WORD...6....so I go back last week to order my addition six from QVC and guess what??? they are flipping sold out.....don't know when or if they will get more....so everyday I go visit the site, visit eBay, visit DIMENSIONS crafts, and pray...pray that they will get more kits. So Friday I thought I would be "SILLY STUPID" and I actually emailed Marie Osmond on her website....how funny is that? Like I expect a response....NOT but what the heck - they will get a laugh! I mean I can make the additional six stockings from scratch but it would just be a lot easier on me to get a kit....ARRGGGHHHH!!! This is what I get for breaking my purchase up to two different paychecks.

So that is my drama for the weekend.....

Today I managed to sleep in until 9:30 a.m. as I didn't go to bed until after 4:00 a.m. - I actually fell asleep on the sofa with the dogs watching CODE BLUE but when I woke up at 4:00 a.m. I had NO DOGS with me - they had deserted me and were in MY BED in MY BLANKET!!!

I walked myself silly through COSTCO - can I tell you how much I don't like that store? I hate it - I mean they have good buys but it takes my family FOREVER to get through there - it is like a reception line after a wedding for my husband - he knows EVERYBODY and has to visit with them all! Can I say "OUCH, my feet are tired, my back aches and I wanna go home" as we are standing there visiting.....I know I sound nasty but I am exhausted and then I have the mindset that after we do all this shopping I get to come home and put it all away and it sucks pickles!!!

Oh well, looking forward to Desperate Housewives and sitting back and relaxing after din-din!

3 comments:

MrsD said...

Ok, how do you get into an ornament exchange club? I've wanted to do this for awhile.

Bfun1 said...

It is a "CHRISTIAN" group of ladies that I was invited to be in - if there is another opening do you want me to give them your name???? They have to be handcrafted creations.....orrrr, we could start our own group - the scrapping group.....4 of us - we make 4 ornaments (handmade) and we end up with 4 ornaments.....what about that?

1funmommy said...

Oh, I like the scrapping ornament idea! How cute!