Monday, October 6, 2008

Fun & enlightening.....


Friday night I spent with a few of my friends scrapping at CPS, making a Halloweener star to hang somewhere....on the front door I believe....anyhow, it was fun, laughter and just relaxing to spend some time without too much responsibility hanging over us! Thank you to Kristi, Savan & the Queen for letting us play and laugh!

Saturday it was up at the break of dawn (okay well it seemed like the break of dawn after being up so late scrapping) to meet the sorority girls for coffee at The Sage - they have a wonderful rhubarb scone and I got the last one!!! We visited for a little over an hour and then it was off to the kids soccer game - after last Saturday I wasn't sure what to be expecting but all went well and we WON again - even though there is no winner or loser in Boys & Girls Club soccer! Afterwards I want to lunch with the family and then hit Joanne's - hey, my knee has got to be getting better if I can HIT JoAnn Fab and walk around there for a bit - I picked up a few goodies to embellish my altered BOO letters. The plan was for me to go back to CPS and finish the letter but I got busy visiting and was tired and knew I had an evening of festivities that started at 4:00 so the FINISHING part didn't happen.....although James enlightened me to the fact that she was concerned about my MISSING box of WTP checks....NOT the fact that they are missing but the fact that "I" ordered WTP checks to begin with - something MUST be wrong with me if I purposely ordered them to begin with or something CLOSE to that is what I was told! Okay, so no more WTP checks for me EVER.....never mind, this is the woman who orders antibiotics from INDIA through the mail!

So the 4:00 festivities was actually an auction to raise some money for a gentleman with cancer. I didn't know the gentleman but we knew who was playing for the auction (Marcos Dominguez) and so we had planned to go as a sorority group. They seemed to raise a lot of money for the guy and I feel like I really should know him but I can't figure it out. I purchased a couple things in the silent auction and one thing in the live auction - so I did help support the cause! Once the auction had ended and Marcos started up the dancing began. I was very impressed with Sandy Weaver (she teaches western dance classes) but WOWEE she can dance.... During these festivities I saw this dude and I knew he was making fun of me when I had one a door prize and had to go forward to pick it up....I noticed him making gestures on my way back to my chair, he was drunk, car salesman, you know the type!!! Anyhow, I watched him the rest of the evening and apparently he was quite "HANDY" with one of the ladies I was with who is married and we were laughing about him grabbing her boob 2x..... I was sitting by the door where people were stepping out to have a smoke and at one point he went out and was smoking and I must have gave him the SH#T eye because he came in and asked me why I was glaring at him and I said I wasn't and then he started massaging me and getting next to my face with his.....ick....I like my personal space and most people know that about me! He was definitely in it and he would NOT leave and he kept rubbing my neck and back.....HOLY CRAP....now what was I going to do! ICKKKKK As soon as he stopped I grabbed my stuff and left! I got in the car and quibbed out over it! GUCK.....ick, puke! I felt violated! I know his name but I am not posting it....but GROSS.....GROSS....grosss! DISGUSTING PUKE!

Sunday I slept in and then picked the kid up from G&G's and got a few groceries. Angelo decided he wanted to be a skeleton for Halloween so we picked up his costume - it was inexpensive which was good and he liked it which was another good! WHEW! After the shopping was done and the groceries were put away I hit the hay for a few hours because I knew I needed to watch Desperate Housewives & Brothers & Sisters - I think this is going to be a habit - the Sunday afternoon napping!

So what did you DO over the weekend?


3 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

I'm so glad your knee is feeling better!

bluecru said...

do I know this guy?

1funmommy said...

I had such a good time that night! I REALLY wish McClain wasn't sick so we could have went to the auction. I would have had something to say to that guy! I know how to handle Car Salesmen!