Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Injured Dog & anti-inflammatories....



Okay - so last night ended on a great note.....

The kid was playing next door with the neighbor kids last night until dusk and apparently Luci (our freak of nature dog) aced out the gate when he left......this is a normal for her! She loves to run and be chased and was playing with the kids. Right before the kid decided to come home at dusk the neighbor's dog (which is 3-4 times bigger than her) leaped on her and they started at each other - she screeched and came home with an injured leg....

I figured it wasn't broke because I felt from her paw up and she didn't growl until I got to the joint where her leg joints into her body.....she wouldn't walk on it and just laid around all last night and early this morning.

So I waited until the vets office opened and went in to get her treated knowing that we really cannot afford a HUGE vet bill. He felt around and couldn't find any breaks but offered us the option of an $80 x-ray or we could be conservative and wait it out and use anti-inflammatories (the drug from hell). I made the decision to do drugs and not an x-ray, even though the kid was cheering from the sideline that he wanted an x-ray so he could see it....uh, NOOOO, not for $80.00 - I will check one out of myself from the people hospital and bring one home for you kid!

So after a few minutes waiting in the waiting room for the orders to get written I pay the $50 vet bill....they hand me a green bottle of anti-inflammatories (drugs from hell) to feed the dog.....

It is now 10:29 a.m. and I think, gee, for the most part the kid has been helpful other than nonstop talking at the vet....why the young vet just smiled....ya, just wait dude - you probably don't have a human kid to call your own....just wait bud! I decide to work on my MOM OF THE YEAR award and race to McD's to get the kid a McGriddle that he whines about all the time....We barely make the 10:30 cut off for a McGriddle, but we get it and then the kid wants Purell or hand sanitizer to clean his hands off with (my blood pressure is rising but I am still working on Mom of the YEAR here) - NEVER has he asked to wash his hands before prior to eating but what the heck - so I ask the McD's lady for a hand cleaner and she says they are out til the truck delivers. I take the kid around the other side of the drive-in to let him run in and wash his hands so he can eat his McGriddle.....

He jumps out and I decide to feed the dog a 1/2 pill (the drug from hell) which was the order, 1/2 pill once a day or 1/4 pill twice a day - well, if anyone knows me the 1/2 pill is the best idea because that is a 1 time deal a day - I do good if I remember one time rather than twice....trust me! Luci eats the pill because it is a chewable....which amazingly were less expensive than the capsules! WOW that was EASY (just like the STAPLES ADDs).

The kid gets back in, I drive off and immediately upon getting his sandwich out he starts complaining about Luci's hair being all over the sandwich.....I about blow a cork (screw my Mom of the YEAR award, I have just spent nearly $5 on a sandwich that he has been whining about).....I have lost my patience in less than 3.75 hours of being awake.....that was the first short circuit for me today! I grab his sandwich and throw it in the bag and tell him to eat it when we get home....he quickly calms down gets the sandwich back out and starts eating it!

Things were pretty much "quiet" for a few hours until early this afternoon when Luci starts vomiting (UH YA, the drug from hell has reclaimed itself)....I clean it up after she does it all over the kids bed and the kid informs me that Luci is eating her own puke....GREAT - YA just gotta love dogs, you wouldn't find me eating my urp up! BLUCK! It gets cleaned up! Things are pretty quiet for a few hours...I mean the dogs are wandering wanderers but things are quiet! I am typing along - that is my job....typing doctor's notes so my ears are pretty much occupied daily! About 3:30 I hear the dog under my desk and she is gagging and ready to hurl (you got it, the drug from HELL again)...I get her out and move my chair back and step in another pile of slimey puke...CHIT....I get up to get something to clean that pile up and find two more slimey piles in the bedroom...DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!

I get it cleaned up, sit back down and wonder why the HELL do I have dogs again? Remind me? Oh ya, they are cute and cuddly and company when you are lounging around!

So, after I work my shift for work - making up the vet visit time away this morning to obtain the drug from HELL...I get to wash the items the dog has messed up and bone the chicken out for soup and be happy when my darling husband calls, he never gets it when I am cranky when he calls me at night before he comes home? Do I have reason to be a little on the nasty side tonight? I mean seriously! I just want to run away.......

9 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

Yuck! Sounds like one of those days you wish you stayed in bed and could shut off the world.

1funmommy said...

I hate cleaning up those messes! When we VERY firt got Kootenai he had parvo and he pooped and puked EVERYWHERE! We had to shut him in the laundry room. It sucked! I'm so sorry you day sucked! Are you coming Sat?

MrsD said...

You forgot to mention your visitors who tried to break into your house. lololol.

Bfun1 said...

You all were the HILITE of the day MrsD....even standing out in the rain talking with you was an escape....

1funmommy said...

I miss you! And I want some sqaush!!!

Bfun1 said...

SQUISHY SQUASHY, SQUISHY SQUASHY, SQUISH, SQUISH, SQUASH!

Oh okay - I will see what I can do!

1funmommy said...

LOL! You make me giggle! I love ya!

1funmommy said...

LOL! You make me giggle! I love ya!

Grey Rooster said...

chase the neighbors dog until he cant run no more and smackem hard.... or do what I uhhhh ohhh just throw some fresh meat inside your car and when he gets in you drive off to the pound and say you found him in the street.