Tuesday, July 1, 2008

National DA Day....and I joined in!

So - I am back to blowing some steam this a.m.

I had to run an errand early this a.m. probably while the rest of you were possibly thinking about crawling outta bed I was racing through town in my minivan.

I delivered my work and was heading from Clarkston back in to the Orchards knowing I wanted to hit Mickey D's for the backseat passenger - you see he has a small addiction to McGriddles (personally the idea of syrup inside bread and then add egg/sausage to it makes me want to hurl). Normally I wouldn't take him there but it was a bribe to get him up and moving this a.m.

So anyway, I see on the way to Clarkston heading down the freakway that there is road construction on 4th Street so I am thinking ahead and trying to figure out HOW to get to the Orchards McD's quickly and painlessly. I take the exit and head up the grapevine only to get stopped in a line of cars because of chip sealing. Now, this is where I become frustrated....you see if you haven't noticed gasoline is about $4 a gallon and I am sitting in a line of traffic waiting for a dump truck to back up and when he finally gets where he is going then the 1st car in line rolls down his window to talk to the flagger. My assumption is that he is wanting to go up 4th Street to get to the physician/dentist offices or Life Care Center and since 4th Street is closed he wants to know HOW - again only an assumption - I could handle the first car doing it.....then the second vehicle stops and rolls down their window and again assumption is they want directions - by this time my BP is rising and I am thinking "HELLOOOO, how long you lived here?" After two cars pass the flagger flips the sign back to STOP - what the hell? So again, slight rise in BP, gas is $4 a gallon remember. Then the flagger starts directing people through again and by now there are only 3 cars in front of me and I kid you not, every one of them stopped to ask directions....by this time I knew that because I could see the flagger pointing this way and that way.....I had to question how these people function in society and who directs them around by hand at their jobs, how do they find their way to work each day and back home let alone to the gas station or grocery store?

I had to do something STUPID so no one would suspect that I was of higher intelligence than the rest...besides the people behind me were probably steaming tooo....

so you guessed it....I rolled my window down and stopped at the flagger.

Brenda: "Hey, I just wanted to say have a great day."

Flagger (Smiling but confused): "Do you need directions because 4th Street is closed."

Brenda: "NOPE, I know where I am going, I just wanted to say have a great day!"

Flagger: "4th Street is closed."

Brenda: "Yep, that is apparent since there is a sign that states road closed ahead and there is another one of you standing in the middle of the road on 4th Street."

I drive away laughing to myself - YEP, I can be as big of a DA as the rest of the world! Happy Tuesday you confused people who can't find their way in this GIANT CITY! YEESH!