Friday, July 18, 2008

OH NOOOOO.....X2

First off - tragedy for today - I am one glass short of being out of SI! Off to the store tonight or tomorrow for some moe SI! This is all your fault James....although it is a good thing (as Martha S. would say)!

Secondly, we all loaded up and went to Costco last night for a restock the cupboard and fridge night. My idea of going there is more like a man would have....go in, conquer (get the stuff you need) and GET OUT! It is never that way with my husband, he enjoys reading the labels, looking things over and visiting with everyone he may run in to. Not that I don't like visiting with people but it seems he knows everyone in this town and has to stop and chit-chat. As I have said earlier in my blogs....if I send him in to the grocery store for a couple of items I can usually count on the parking lot spaces having three changes of cars in them before he comes out! YEESH!

We had two cars as I met him at his work and we rode together in one car so I had to drop him back off at his car and Ang chose to ride with me. The change of schools this year has really been burning in my heart. I know that in my mind I am pretty set on him going to a different school for various reasons. So I decide to try to talk to him about it because the last time was a meltdown for him. Unfortunately, it went into meltdown again last night....he first expressed his denial that we were going to do that to him and thought we were only kidding him. Then it was "I BEG OF YOU, if you do ANYTHING in your LIFE please don't take me away from my friends" and then he named 3 friends that he said he would NEVER see again. Okay, so it broke my heart.....but I know Joe is set on him not going back to private school, I am 80% set on sending him to public school.

Life just plain is hard sometimes! I hate that we have to move him but I also hate some of the things that he has went through there...not saying a different school is perfect but I really feel that the school has not done anything to promote his advanced reading & math skills and I am hoping that he hasn't "lost" that ability in his brain from 4 years of not being challenged in school and allowing him to "just be".

On a side note today is Friday and that means at 5:00 tonight - I have 2 days of weekend! YIPPEE! Plans include a Birthday Party for a 1-year-old tomorrow at the park and going out Saturday night to see "I-EEEE"....a.k.a. Blue Healer - she is an awesome little singer! Any plans up your sleeve for the weekend?

1 comment:

1funmommy said...

Absolutley NO plans here. We are broke as a joke. We will be sticking close to home. I think that Ang will make some new friends fast and won't mind the change. Of course, it is scary until it happens.