Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend at a glance....

Where does the time go? The weekends blow by and the week days drag onnnn....WHINING reallly LOUD!

I finished a 300+ page book, it was a great book, a memoir! I had started to read it in Salt Lake at B&N on vacation but I didn't want to shell out big bucks to buy a book I would read once - it was like 15.00 - so it just wasn't a 6.95 novel! "JesusLand" was the name of it! Very sad but true story. I checked it out of the library Thursday evening and had it read by Saturday morning. YEH MEEE!

Saturday we had a birthday party to go to for our friends little boy - he turned
"1" - it was a nice little party in the park with a BBQ. Fun to relax and visit with people. We came back home after the party and rested in the air conditioned home and headed out at 5:30 to meet friends for dinner and go to see our favorite little singer....apparently she had laryngitis so another singer was there in place of her. Had a great evening of laughter and visiting with friends. I don't have to to have a drink to have a good time, no-no....maybe that was "You don't have to take your clothes off to have a good time, no, no"! Sorry - tunes just seem to flip in to my brain at any given time! I tasted a Grape Nehi which was a new drink for me - I just tasted it - that stuff could be very dangerous - tasted like grape Kool-Aid....

Yesterday we had to pick up the kid at G&Gs house early. We left there and went to Sears to check on some lawn mower parts and a parts for a BBQ grill but of course, the repair shop handles that and they are only open 9:00 - 5:00 M-F and 10:00 - 3:00 on Saturday - so that narrows it right down to next Saturday when I am out of town. What a joke!

We had to go pick up some SI because I had one scoop left....oohhh-la-la! I took the SI home pronto because it was MELTING....it was so hot out! We lounged around most of the day. I cleaned up the kitchen, made macaroni salad, chocolate zucchini cake and zucchini patties for dinner and watched Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - the old one and then Big Brother and called it a day!

Exciting huh? I betcha all wished you had my life!

5 comments:

MrsD said...

I could pick up the part or whatever it is. Serious.

MrsD said...

I could pick up the part or whatever it is. Serious.

Bfun1 said...

That is the problem...I don't know "WHAT" it is I need...or what it is going to cost me....I need 3 fuel lines and a fuel pump for my riding lawnmower....plus a battery! HOLY CHIT!

MrsD said...

Call J and let him go do it or look at it.

MrsD said...

Call J and let him go do it or look at it.