Monday, July 7, 2008

So....

I posted a picture below of my latest creations, I thought they turned out rather cute! Nothing spectacular but cute and fun!



So, the weekend was kind of a calm weekend. On the 4th we ended up going to Johnson, WA for the parade which was okay....entertaining to say the least and wet - there are always tons of water guns - however, I stay back and out of range. I thought we may be getting wet from Mother Nature on the way up as it was spitting rain on us as we drove up. Afterwards we headed back to L-town and home to get our swimming supplies for the picnic at my uncle's new home. He has a spectacular view and it was fun to watch the kids swim - I thought Angelo was going to be the only child but it ended up that my cousin brought her sister's kids (yes, the sister is also my cousin but apparently she is fighting fires in California so the kids are here in this exciting town). Anyhow, so Ang had a few cousins to hang out with for part of the afternoon in the pool - lots of splashing and dunking off the air mattresses going on. Ang amazes me how well he swims and can stay underwater.

Which leads to the next photo - my uncle is a jokester and he threw this rubber snake in the pool in the midst of all the kids and the oldest girl flipped out over it, started screaming and practically walked on water getting out of the pool. Then of course Angelo grabbed the snake and put it on Grandpa's hat - what do you think? I am thinking Crocodile Hunter II. That wasn't the only joking going on - it was so hot in the afternoon that Joe and I put ice on top of my dad's hat without him knowing...we loaded that top up and then he wanted to know who was sitting behind him and told me he felt like he had water dripping down his back.....who me, do something like that? I just told him he was crazy!



This last photo is of the sunset on July 4th....I took quite a few pics as the sun was setting - nothing like a beautiful signature sunset from the maker above!



Not to much else went down this weekend....I spent a couple hours hangin' with Savan at CPS and Kristi - that is always relaxing and fun! I played around with some of my new stamp sets, washed some clothes, cleaned up the kitchen, made some cookies last night and a couple of pies for Joe's work. Put in 3 or 4 naps throughout Saturday and Sunday...oh and one trip to Joanne Fabric just to get a pattern and there you have it - my weekend in a coconut shell!

4 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend.

MrsD said...

awwww. Hula cards. You KNOW I like those.

Kristi O said...

okay, I love love love the family album. it is so stinkin' cute and so are the cards you made!

1funmommy said...

What is SI?