Tuesday, January 8, 2008

2008 Off on the right toe.....

Okay so what a way to start the year off - a trip to the ER this a.m. You see my baby toe has been swollen and red for a few days now and getting worse day by day. It is not a ingrown toenail as it is on the side of the toe and into my foot. All I know is it hurts like, like...heck! So after tossing and turning in bed all night with the sheets even touching it just about sending me through the ceiling I decided I better do something with it. Of course this has to happen after 2007 ends so I get to start paying towards my 2008 medical deductible - no, I shouldn't whine because at least I am fortunate to have medical insurance. I start the morning off calling two doctors to try to get in so I could avoid the ER but to no avail. All went well in the ER and they put me on a round of antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory so hopefully it won't be so swollen and hurt sooooo badly!

Funny how such a minor thing can take so much out of a person - I feel pretty drained, probably the stress of going to the ER - you see I HATE THAT and it is so stressful. Then I had to go to a pharmacy to get my medications and stand around and wait some more and that is when my baby toe started throbbing again.

I think I will survive though - thankfully! I am supposed to keep an eye on it.

I decided to treat myself to a cute pair of socks - have you seen the LITTE MISSMATCHED socks - you get three socks and they coordinate but are not the same pattern - I absolutely LOVE them! What could make my baby toe feel better that a brand new pair of socks for it to stay warm in - HA! Good excuse anyhow!

I found a really neat quote off of another blog last night and I loved it - I almost posted it last night but felt that two quotes in one day was just a little tooooo much!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end;
it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Isn't that a great quote - I mean, we are all going through life and storms constantly and I know I should take things a little less serious and try to be less stressed and cranky and just learn to dance in the rain. I mean things could ALWAYS be a lot worse in each of our lives and most of the the time we don't have to look very far to find someone else who is in the midst of a bigger storm.

Okay, I will step down from my soapbox now but I did really like that quote!

Three short days until I get a weekend for scrapping! WOOHOO!

Oh ya, by the way ~ I still have that LOVELY picture of the QUEEN in all her glory with her frost job on her hair and bleaching the old brows - no one has made an offer to pay for me NOT to post it (that would be you QUEEN WEENIE....)

Later!

3 comments:

MrsD said...

You're just trying to be like me with the hurt toes.

Kristi O said...

you poor thing, and the ER to boot. wow!

The Hussy Housewife said...

Well,well,well. I bet SOMEBODY could have used some of my antibiotics from India......mam. See, instead of going to the ER and the paharmacy....you could of called me up.....:) Sitting in the ol' cupboard. And you all thought I was crazy.