Tuesday, January 29, 2008

TRYING so hard to DRAG myself out of sadness..

I am so sad over the recent news here in the valley - why do tragedies have such an impact on me?

Okay, so a change of TUNE.....

Not much happenin' lately! Watching the snow melt and earlier had to put my sunglasses on to type at my desk because the sun was so bright off the snow!

I got to make the trek into my workplace yesterday and work from there instead of home. Sure, on the snowiest day of the year when I wanted to get out of bed and stay in my PJ's and slippers and sip a mocha I had to arise WAAAY to early to get in the shower to get myself ready for a workday.... I was kind of nervous about getting out of my driveway to go to work with all the snow from Sunday night but I managed on my 1st attempt. I worked until 4:00 on site and then came home and couldn't make it up the driveway because of the snow so I had to walk....with my computer and purse in hand having to go potty. Not a pretty site! I think with age I am losing more control of my evacuation system - well age and that six week course of radiation therapy I received a few years back that did a job on my intestines and bladder. I barely made it in the door and ran to the bathroom at least as much RUNNING as I could do.....I swear I barely got seated!

I had to deal with the local morons on the road yesterday that was snowpacked and slick who thought that it was okay to go 50 or 60 miles an hour down a hill....I was hoping someone would do a 360 in the road and crap their pants and somehow I could watch them do it all and not be hit or hurt and not be the one crapping my pants!

Can I ask why people are such idiots on the roads in the morning? I mean seriously, your 4-wheel frickin drive ain't going keep you from sliding on the ice! DUH!

Heck the snow has just started coming down, HUGE flakes - YIPPEEE! I love being home and snow! Now just get my 2 men home safely to me! The only way it could get better now is being in a cabin somewhere in the woods with a fire crackling and me having the ability to type from home!

What's for dinner? Anybody got some simple recipes they wanna share? I am thinking a casserole tonight!

1 comment:

The Hussy Housewife said...

Sounds like we need to cheer up. Do you need some one on one time with little ol' me?
Maybe you should take a break from watching the news and reading the paper. I get like that too every once in a while, then I just stp watching for a month or two....what you don't know won't hurt ya!