Sunday, January 27, 2008

Looong weekend......

My son's birthday was Friday so my man and I had taken the day off from work as the kid only had a half day of school. We had just dropped him off at the front door and were doing errands when the school called us to let us know he was in need of being retrieved as he was praying to the porcelain god. BUMMER! Who wants to be sick on their birthday? We took him home and he laid down as did we for awhile. He felt better by evening and we were able to go out for pasta but now he has the gunk/cold stuff going around! I am certainly glad we didn't take off for Boise Friday morning as we had entertained!

It has been kind of a sad weekend for us all. Just reflecting on the local news and a mother being so distraught for whatever reason that she shot three of her children before turning the gun on herself. One of the children passed away and two are struggling to live. There are no answers as to why? My heart aches for the whole family I can't even begin to imagine what they are struggling through. We go to the same church as they do. I just wished someone could have intervened and helped her before she made her decision to do what she did, a phone call, someone stopping by the house before she did this. My heart aches for them! I am so very sorry they have to endure this pain!


Which brings me to a "rant and rave" issue. I am not ranting and raving over the above message because I have no idea why this happened I am just deeply saddened by it all. I am tired of the world frowning on people who need mental help. People view this as a weakness of someone's person. People's whisperings, snide remarks about being "crazy" because someone is seeking a psychiatrist or perhaps spends some time in a mental health unit. This world is more stressful than it ever has been for most of us. There are so many demands/expectations made upon a person's life. I commend anyone who takes the time to get counseling or psychiatric help for issues going on in their lives. A person's trials may not seem "real" to someone else but if they are stressed over it and they need help to get through an issue what business is it of anyone elses standing outside their family circle to make judgment on them - it isn't! People deal with stresses differently, depending on what tools they have or have developed to deal with life's issues. If you go get counseling you are just getting more knowledge/tools to work with and deal with life! Life suck big sometimes - death of loved ones, money issues, medical diagnoses of you or a loved one, growing older, just can't seem to see the silver lining anywhere....get help, speak to your pastor, there are counselors available through some workplaces that are confidential, seek help, get help, it is okay! If you know someone who could use a professional encourage them to go, offer to help them get there, watch the kids, drive them there yourself...just reach out and help them, sometimes when you are going through an issue you just can't seem to get the strength to ask for HELP from someone.



Like I said previously, my heart aches for this family and if we could all just take the time to say a prayer for the kids, the husband, the parents it will make a huge difference.

No comments: