Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday Madness....

WHEW - what a day!

I got up early this a.m. and planted some flowers I had sitting outside - I knew if I didn't get them sunk in the ground they were going to DIE in the heat. They got planted and don't look half bad this evening...I still have a few more to plant...sooon! This weather here is HORRID - I ABSOLUTELY HATE when it is this HOT OUT! I don't like gray skies but I hate when it is 100+ degrees out too! I welcomed the thunder and lightening that came through tonight - wished it could stay and put on another show for us!

I got one of my two things accomplished I wanted to do this weekend and that was the major one - cleaning of the deck - it is still not 100% cleared off but WAYYYY better than it was....WOW!

I really enjoyed my weekend - I felt good with my early morning success on Saturday by cleaning the deck off and then I headed out to the produce stand to get some fruit and that is where I saw the flowers I bought to plant - just some moss roses and some other thing that reminded me of dianthus. It was at least 900 degrees out by then so I headed back home and showered and got ready to head out to get some more stuff done....we looked at some BBQ's - we want a new one but really not sure what to get??? Decisions, decisions....

Oh and YAAA Friday night we decided to pretend we were HIGH ROLLERS and go to a full price show at the theater and take Mr. A - he wanted to see Wall.E and I have to say it was pretty cute and enjoyable. The kid enjoyed it and we enjoyed it and I even broke and had J buy me a large ICEE - $4.00 - that is like RAPE I think - HIGHWAY ROBBERY or something! HOLY Guacamole!

Sunday I got up and tried to download my vacation pictures to my computer and I spent 4 hours in that little task.....uh ya - my computer is telling me it doesn't recognize my USB or there is an error or some STUPID thing - so I ended up downloading to the laptop and it took a long time to download 300 pictures....then I was hoping to get them printed in a hurry but by the time I downloaded and sent them on their way it was afternoon before I could pick them up at the store.

Then it was off to CPS to hang out working on a project....it entailed painting and I just am really not liking painting that much - I end up with it all over me hands and mixing the colors and brushes and whatever else could happen I end up doing! Is that a sign of an artist or a genius or something - the being messy part??? Please tell me it is! I got to visit with Kristi all afternoon and it was good just to relax, create and not have to much else on my mind! Mrs. Icehole showed up with her daughter and I ended up spending 45 minutes laughing, just laughing at Icehole's stories! I can't wait to spend some more time with her to laugh some more - WHEN can we get together???? I need an endorphin release with laughter! YEESH what a life!

Tonight I ended up Modge Podging my project and nearly freaked because my paper bubbled up and I thought "CRAP" that was a mistake....GULP! I am not a MODGY expert - I have only used it once before I believe....forgot what it does to stuff! So, after much despair, I came back 20 minutes later and it was looking WAYYY better! I am hoping the stuff comes out of clothes because I had drips all over my night shirt - again messy - I feel like the 1st grader in class with glue and glitter all over them! The accident looking to happen, ya the Linus in the group!

Oh ya and during all that I had moonlighted on a job last Thursday, Friday and tonight - so I spent 2-3 hours each night type, type, typing.....I just can't get enough of it!

Well....off to get some SI and then to bed!

3 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

As I leave to the coast with my in-laws this evening for 8 days.....I will try to get caught again...so I have another story to tell ya!!LOL!!!

MrsD said...

I'm getting some SI today! I'm so excited! We're all a bunch of Ice Sluts.

Since the SI slut will be out of town we should go TP her house. ;)

MrsD said...

Is the deck good enough for Khloe and I to bring you lunch maybe on Wednesday? That would be tomorrow. What time?