Monday, September 8, 2008

New Week.....

Where do the weekends go?

We hit the Bull Bash Thursday night - good seats thanks to friends getting there early and saving for us.....good fun and a definite TO DO next year!

Friday night we had purchased reserved seating tickets for the Rodeo under the roof above the chutes....yep, awesome seats - I was positioned right above where they brought the bulls/broncs out to put in the chutes - it was interesting to see this side of the rodeo. The clown/bullfighters were good - Lloyd Ketchum is always great to watch him dance with the bulls and the entertainment clown was good - he was out of Utah - No one (in my eyes) will ever match up with Flint Rasmussen - that man is entertainment at its best! He was the last clown I had watched who actually made me laugh out loud! The riders were awesome - I don't like the calf roping though - it makes me sad and I am always dreading the calf getting permanently injured - THANKFULLY that did NOT happen Friday night! I got a few good pics....I am thinking I would like a better camera now - my husband had offered to buy me a nicer camera but I wanted the one I have for portability and ease of carrying it in my purse - which it is awesome for that but you just don't get the close ups you want!

Saturday a.m. it was back up early a.m. to hit the parade which started at 9:59 a.m. - we hit downtown before 9:00 but the roads were already blocked off so we were rebels and went through a few road blocks to hit the courthouse parking lot and walk down a block on the main drag to catch a spot on the sidewalk to watch the festivities. Mr. Joe got his hairs cut at the barber why I crocheted on my new project and secured our seating arrangements. Things can get out of hand in this red neck town on rodeo weekend ya know....three chairs on the sidewalk, myself posted in one holding them down! I managed to only get hit with a slight sunburn from my security post!

After the parade we ran for the car and hit the road and got out of Dodge because of traffic - back up to the Orchards for lunch.

Then it was off to visit my parents - my mom's Birthday was Friday and Angelo was all twitterpated that we didn't visit with her on her Birthday and had went to the rodeo - his last comment before bedtime at 10:45 p.m. Friday night was "I can't believe we missed grandma's birthday to go to the rodeo"! Ummm, ya thanks Ang, not like I already had guilt issues over it - thanks for adding a little more guilt to my life! I didn't say that though - I just said "it is okay, she understands"!

After the parental visit we all came home and pretty much crashed.....Joe went to bed, Angelo went to bed and I perched on the sofa to crochet and watch some TV - quiet time, alone, just me and the TV, a cold diet Pepsi...a dog next to me! Ummm, ya great until I wake up at 2:00 a.m. with a big kink in my neck from falling asleep!

Yesterday was spent getting a few errands done and pretty much everyone was tired and cranky so we came home and did our own thing.....some days are like that you know! Joe made some pasta sauce so I had it pretty easy as far as cooking wise! I did manage to whip a batch of pumpkin/zucchini bread up - it is Pretty tasty....

4 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

What, u didn't see your mom on her birthday?

Just kiddin

Kristi O said...

check out my blog, you've been given some love!!!

Grey Rooster said...

ohhh so glad to hear you like the animal cruelty show lololol, thats what D meant when she said I would not go, I try not to support such a thing, really its the cowboy hats that kinda scare me from going, never know when the indians start using bows again, I do not want to be in the middle of all that lololol....

1funmommy said...

I so wish I could have went to the rodeo! We missed out though cause Dan was working. Bummer!