Saturday, September 27, 2008

Soccer starts today...........................

Yep...today is the big day....1st soccer game of the season for Ang! I am excited for him but also dread some aspects of the game day....I won't elaborate any further but it really puts my stomach in knots, I hate it! He got all new gear this year for the big day! His soccer cleats are a size 6 and I think I can actually wear them....I cannot believe how big his feet are....growing boy!

I really wanted to pay my respects to a person I have known for 35+ years today who passed this week of brain cancer but the funeral is an hour before soccer starts....and unfortunately, there is no way to go to both - I have NOT figured out the carbon copying of myself ~ I offered to let Joe go to the service but he copped an attitude! He suggested asking my mom to take Ang to the game but I know that would stress her out which in turn would stress me out with her complaining....so there you have it my life sucks sometimes!

I would also like to say that my knee is healed up but, unfortunately, it is still very sore. What to do, what to do! I have been icing it and heating pad back and forth, 800 mg of Ibuprofen t.i.d....well it is NOT healing it up very quickly! Joe has had to come home and try to make a family dinner each night and well, that doesn't make him all that happy either! I wanted to make some salsa this week but it hasn't happened but maybe today or tomorrow if my knee will withstand the salsa! Everything I attempt to do now takes about 3x longer than it normally would...that makes EVERYTHING I do a chore!

My project afghan is 2/3 done at least - I am not quite sure how long I want to make it but I don't want to skimp on the size! Then do I keep it for myself or gift it out to some lucky recipient??

Okay...I am going to say it....there are now less than 3 months til Christmas....ARGHHH! I have 12 ornaments to create very soon so I am not stressing out the night before throwing them together! I will keep you posted on this little project....these have to be handmade and I ALWAYS try to create my own idea! It is an awesome event to attend.....12 ladies, 12 handmade ornaments and an evening of sharing and laughter....oh ya....and food! At the end of the evening you leave with 12 individually created handmade ornaments! Each year we vote on the next exchange creation - this year it is Christmas stockings!

I just love this time of year.....let the fall festivities begin! Oh....does anyone know of a great Pumpkin Patch that is within 2-3 hours of L-town? Ang is requesting a trip to a Pumpkin Patch.....and there is an awesome one we know of in Hood River, OR - but that is a bit of an adventure! I always thought that it would be a blast to visit Roloff Farms in Vernonia too but the crowds scare me there!

Off to prepare for soccer! Argghh!!

1 comment:

MrsD said...

OHOHOHOH! YES! Let's plan next year a trip to the Roloff Pumpkin farm. We'll take a weekend and it'll be fun! YES!