Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Still missing & other THANGS....

First and foremost - the WTP checks are still MIA - I have searched HIGH and low and all to no avail....I wonder if I inadvertently tossed them away in the garbage or something! It is all James fault because she told me that my van was a mobile FEMA unit and I could survive on the french fries strewn through it for a month.....OH LORD, so I cleaned it (though she wants pictures posted and um....well....it is NOT that clean okay!)..... Which leads me to my excursion yesterday when I stopped by a "unnamed" store and wanted to buy one skein of yarn and guess what....this store didn't take debit cards - WHA?? - this day and age and no debit cards because I am totally OUT of checks - I had to do without the "MARY SAGE" skein of yarn I though I needed! I am trying to finish up the afghan I am crocheting....ARGGGHHH - oh well, soccer starts on Saturday and I will carry it along and work on it during the soccer game, it will keep me warm as I work on it!

Life was sorta busy this weekend....I spent Friday night at the fair walking, walking and walking....first off the walk from the parking area to the fair, through the fair, back through the fair, standing in line for pulled pork sandwiches, more walking! It was all worth it because I was with Miss K and her mommy! It was fun to spend some time "walking" (did I mention that before?) and visiting! Time goes by so fast though and we really didn't visit enough! More girl time needed!

Saturday (after Friday night at the fair and all the walking) I got up bright and early and headed to do street cleanup with the girls from sorority....I was 10 minutes late on arrival and they had already taken off down the street without me...I could hardly believe it (HA)! Joe & Angelo accompanied us as well as one of the other girl's husband....the more the merrier right? Anyhow, the street cleanup required (guess what?) more walking.....OH LORD - can you say fatigue.....
So after the street cleanup and a little bit of chit-chat at Taco Time it was back to the fair for us and more walking from the parking area to the fair....and then more walking through the exhibits and animal areas. We had planned for Ang to meet up with a friend to ride the rides so he wasn't alone....so we walked through more the exhibits with the mom & dad of the little girl that rode the rides with him and had lunch - then we sent them on their way to go home and relax and we would deliver their daughter back to them LATER.....about that time is when the skies broke loose and drenched us all! It seemed the entire community was now running for the safety of the fair pavilion to stay dry and guess what - no where to sit (MY ACHING FEET)! It rained and rained and rained but the kids were troopers and wanted to continue riding the rides so as long as the carnies kept the rides open we let them until around 8:00 when we told them the party was over and we needed to GOOO! They were hungry so it was out to pizza!

Sunday morning I got up and could hardly WALK but I was alive! My feet were killing me but I knew we needed groceries so it was off to MOSCOW for a trip to WINCO. I hit Michaels oh so slowly and Joanne Fab for a quick run through! We got back to L-town and were all exhausted so we just hit the homefront and relaxed for a few hours.

Oh "WHAT A WEEKEND"!

4 comments:

Grey Rooster said...

Do you save money shopping at winco in moscow after spending for gas to get there and back? just a thought of why winco? I used to deliver to all of them and there prices were about the same as Safeway.

MrsD said...

Micheal's is next door. THAT's the reall reason. ;)

Bfun1 said...

shhh..you got it sister!
Yes Mr. Man they are cheaper...For instance....said item is 3.29 at Safeway - 1.78 at Winco.....I bought five of them because of the price total savings on that one purchase....7.55.
Bananas are .58/lb at Winco....
Canned vegies 2/$1
Shredded cheese packs 1.98
Spaghetti Sauce we like 1.28 (Winco) and is over 2.50 at Safeway.

Along with the trip to WINGERS for WINGS for Joe (that was the "REAL" reason for the excursion) but Michael's and Joanne's were nice garnishments for me! Oh and I would have went in to OLD NAVY but my feet were killing me and still are!

MrsD said...

Did you hear that we are getting a Wingers? Over by the Cinema's.

I want to go to Old Navy and then hit Linen n Things.