Thursday, September 4, 2008

1 week 1 day post 1st day of school.....

Whew....I can actually say I feel so relieved with Ang not being in private school. I thought, and it may still, come back to bite me in the backside but so far he seems happy and I don't hear about fights every day between the kids and how mean kids are to him. I was tired of it and I don't even want to revisit that road right now.

I am happy for him. He seems excited and has met some new friends already, some boys actually live within walking distance of our house that we never knew existed prior to this school change. I am happy for him - hopefully down the road we can get the boys together if they are nice boys, the seem nice.

I had to laugh last night at his homework because he came home with a REFOCUS paper -which is the equivalent probably of when I was a kid of being put out in the hall or sent to the principle's office....anyhow, he said it was just a practice so they all knew how to fill the paper out....he swears, he even suggested we call the teacher! So, Joe was calling the teacher today....I am soooo hoping he isn't lying....

Not much has been to happening in my life - I did end up getting a $20.00 gift certifacte from IHOP from the manager that waited on us who SWORE she was not rude - YA RIGHT....perhaps she has two personalities then....anyhow, I couldn't find anyone to take it so I passed it off to my parents - hoping they would get better service than we or others have.

Over the long weekend we didn't do too much just ran some errands cleaned around the house a little. I did end up buying some awesome halloween fabric - I would so love to put a purse together using it but we will see if that happens. I really love when school starts and I know the holidays are around the corner - it is my favorite time of the year, the cool/crisp air and it only gets better day by day through the fall season.

I have also started an afghan to keep my hands busy...I just hate sitting watching TV doing nothingness....I must have the hands busy doing something. My grandma was like this - she was always working on something in front of her television in the evenings.

I sort of got addicted to Big Brother this season - not sure why but somehow I got sucked in to the drama. My husband's workplace draws names of the players and they have a pot of money and whoever has the player who lasts the longest wins the pot - DAN is Joe's man on the show. I am so excited he is still actually "IN" the game! It will be exciting to watch the last few episodes.

I am headed to the BULL BASH tonight - I am a first timer at this event! I hope it is action packed.....I love the bullfighters and watching them. Tomorrow night we are headed to the RODEO....YEEHAW....how do I get myself into these messes anyhow! I hate crowds.....

I think I might even have a Mikes Hard Lemonade tonight to celebrate....ummm, just Celebrate LIFE I guess!

4 comments:

MrsD said...

You should have told me you were going to the bullbash. I have no one to go to those things with me anymore. J is not into them.

So, how was your first night at the Prez......?

Grey Rooster said...

don't listen to my wife, I would go with her anywhere she asked but I work at night when all the good stuff is going on, sounds like you got it going on there little sista, hehehehe so glad to hear your child is happier and not picked on from ohhhh I better not go off about them dumb ass private schools, hehehehehe

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

This is my favorite time of year too. It's so nice not to have to turn on air conditing and heating. I love the colors too.

1funmommy said...

You sound like you are in good spirits! Its so good to hear! I wish we could make it to the rodeo but Dan won't be home until tomorrow. This is supposed to be his last day and now he's working overtime!!!