Thursday, June 19, 2008

BINGO...

So early this a.m. Joe is reading the Salt Lake Trib and asks if I have heard of Lasting Impressions.....Why certainly I have, they have some nice papers and embossing stuff. He informs me that they are having a warehouse sale today! Okay so we find the shop at about 1:00-ish and we spend at least 2.5 hours in the store, picking up paper and embossing plates and visiting with the employees. WOW that is all I can say - I should have grabbed my camera and taken it in to click some shots of the BONANZA! What an awesome bunch of workers there - the one girl I visited with has "the coolest" job - her job is to make scrapbook pages and cards from the templates....8 hours a day she gets paid to do this...and works next to the person who designs the templates. WOW! They demo'd some stuff that was fun and kept us busy visiting with them. I met a absolutely wonderful lady from California who happened to be there for the sale adn she was cluing me in on WHAT I had to buy - she made me smile lots - she was fun! She had a 3 page inventory of all the items she owned from them....how organized is that? I ended up with a ton of brads, a box of paper, some software, embossing templates....who knows what else but WOW! I want a job there!

After that exciting event we had custard ice cream from a nearby ice cream place and it was okay but overall my vote for ice cream on this two week expedition has been Maggie Moos in Boise - the "better than batter" ice cream and Leatherby's here - there carmel sauce is to die for!

Best meal....hmmm....probably the Prime Rib at Diamond Lil's and the homemade soup at J's aunts house last night - she makes a killer soup with ox tail! Why may I ask is ox tail so dang expensive anyhow?

Cheapest gas I saw today was in Woods Cross at 3.89 - what a bargain huh?

After our excursion to the warehouse sale - we let Angelo swim here at the condo for a couple of hours - there were a very nice group of adults and children there! He has been wanting to go swimming the whole time and finally had guilted me enough and I couldn't pass the job on to Aunt M to take him so J and I sat poolside and watched him swim - at least there was shade and a small breeze!

I looked for the ducks tonight after we came back and the pool had closed but the courting quackers were not romancing in the pool tonight!

I believe tomorrow we will be jamming every square inch of the CRV with our bargains and high tailing it to Boise and then onward to L-town on Saturday! Although I am excited to be home and pickup the dogs from there 2 week retreat at the boarding house - I can tell you I am already feeling down about starting back at the job!

So there you have it - what a day!

2 comments:

MrsD said...

I'm jealous of all the scrapbook shopping! Snag. ;)

Grey Rooster said...

you sound like a little kid in a great big candy store..... made MrsD uhhhhh kinda jealous sounds like.