Monday, June 16, 2008

Park City Outlets, Greek Wedding and Tired Feet....

Friday afternoon we ended up going to the outlets at Park City - they have expanded since I was there the last time. Childrens Place was having some awesome sales - it was overwhelming trying to pick things out for Miss K and a couple things for Mr. A. We ended only staying a few hours as we were with J's cousin and her husband and two kids and they had a prior engagement back in town at 5:30. J ended up buying me a Coach purse at the Coach outlet store - I keep trying to get the price out of him but he won't tell me. It was a huge outlet, Skecher's, Carters, The Gap, Kids Gap, Old Navy, Coach, Fossil, Bath & Body, Nike, plus other names I was unfamiliar with. My feets were tired....I sat at the playground the last 30 minutes of the day - relaxing with three boys playing - ya right!

Saturday we slept in and by the time we got up and moving we had time to shower and drive to the church which was at the Greek Temple downtown. It was HOT (I am talking heat HOT) inside the church - the wedding was an hour long and lots of stuff I have never seen before - interesting. After the wedding there was a sit down dinner for family on the other side of town. J's brother owns a steakhouse here in Salt Lake (Diamond Lil's) and so he was catering the wedding. Mr. A helped out grandpa Pete in the kitchen and pretty much was in the background the entire evening and was no problem at all - you see, kids under 12 were not invited to the event. We got approval from the bride's mom to bring him though as we had no one to watch him. After the sit down dinner it was time for the festivities to start - dancing, dancing, dancing, buffet for regular guests and greek desserts/wedding cake. Joe had lots of family to visit but the most exciting for him was his cousin's from San Francisco area. They had no clue that either one was coming to the event so they spent the whole evening visiting, picture taking and enjoying the company. When it was time for them to go I cried from a distance as I watched J and his cousin hug and she kept kissing his bald head and hugging him. Time goes by so fast, it has been nine years since we have visited them in San Francisco. We are still debating (as of last night) whether to head to San Fran - I am hesitant as I read gas prices were over $5 a gallon there and the 15-16 hour drive home doesn't make me all too excited. We discussed the possibility last night but I was a little to cranky to contribute to much - as Kristi would say "I was spent" yesterday.

After the dancing ended at the wedding it was time to clean up - We stayed until nearly midnight cleaning up with the family but later heard that much of the family was there until 3:00 a.m. cleaning, mopping....

After we left the reception J and I were thirsty so we decided to stop at a 7-11 - that was spooky....there were truly some weird things going on outside and being the small town gal I am - I was a little freaked - I just knew there was going to be an armed robbery or something in front of my eyes....but it didn't happen - WHEW!

Oh and yaaaa....I get home from the wedding and there are a million phone messages on my cell - I only listened to the first one so far - J&D were out on the town without Miss K and partying it up at The Elks at a party for a couple who were turning 90 and married 70 years - J had wanted to go but knew were on vacation then so we couldn't go...he loves both of them!

Sunday it was up at 9:00 a.m. to the sound of the phone ringing....we were going to his cousin's house for brunch! (different cousin than the Park City trip although they went to this brunch tooo)....there are a bazillion cousins down here. The brunch was awesome - french eggs, homemade cinnamon rolls, cheese, homemade bran muffins, cherries, pineapple..... After we visited with them we headed over to his aunt and uncles for a few hours, J snoozed in the chair for awhile while I visited. We left there about 6:00 p.m. and headed to his brother's home in Sandy to pickup Mr. A as he had went home with him after the wedding to play with the kids. We visited there for another couple of hours and left there after 9:00 p.m. We were pretty much starving so we stopped for pizza on the way back to his sister's house. I was pretty much "SPENT" by this time and we were trying to discuss San Francisco but I was much too tired to make that decision. I hit the bed immediately at his sister's houe and pretty much died.

I feel much more rested this a.m. but after the last three days - WOW - go, go, go!

Over an out for now!

2 comments:

1funmommy said...

Sounds busy but fun! I'm sure you will be ready to come home just so you can relax! Isn't that how vacations usually turn out!

MrsD said...

I bet the Coach purse was really a good deal if he got it at the outlet. I'm jeaous.

You have got to listen to the other messages. B (m's husband) sent us home with Elks apps. J is all excited. lololol