Friday, June 27, 2008

FINALLY Friday!!!!

Hard to believe last week at this time I was on my way to Boise from Salt Lake....I had to wave goodbye to those beautiful Wasatch Mountains and their snow caps, farewell to the city, and leave the family. I have to say I really like it there, well aside from the HEAT we left and no air conditioning. Salt Lake is really a great feeling town. Lots to do but yet still seems like there are family values. I don't know....I really think I could live there some day! Ang hated leaving Grandpa too and the kids galore, trampoline, chess partners, swimming pool....who wouldn't want to stay there.

I am hoping that starting tonight I will still have energy to get a project of some sort started....download my pictures to my computer and get them saved and either scrapbook something or make some cards. I bought some embossing templates while I was down there and I am anxious to do something with them. I even managed to find a Christmas stocking one and I am hoping to be creative and do something for the ornament exchange I am in with 12 other ladies to shock their socks off - ya right! The them of this year's exchange is....yep, you guess it Christmas stockings!

I feel better about this week now that I am at the end of it....and people have questioned my attitude being hostile (heehee - just a little - but mostly a vent here at the old BLOG). I get tired of the tricks played when you get back in the swing of things by some - most of you can figure out what that has to do with. Anyhow, I got some things accomplished this week that made me feel good inside. I cooked dinner 4 out of 5 nights - that is a great accomplishment for me these past few months, I weeded out some flower beds and kept up on the watering of my lawn that my mom had been doing while I was away on vacation - my yard is still green - that makes me feel good! I even got lunches made this week for both J & A. Angelo had Kids College Monday through Thursday and I got him picked up each day. He seemed to enjoy the Rock class most of all - I have to admit I loved rocks, have a rock tumbler and still love rocks. I love to go look for rocks on the beaches and hills but I never seem to do it often enough - I need to STOP and take the time to do it!

This weekend there are only a couple of things I want to accomplish for sure;
1) Clean off the deck.
2) Get a new garden hose for the back yard since the old one has holes all over it and has to be positioned right with the holes and I always end up getting sprayed right in the face.

Angelo wants to go see the new movie - Wall.E! So I am sure that will happen too!

Hopefully I will get some pictures posted this weekend of the 2-week excursion to Salt Lake City.

4 comments:

MrsD said...

YES! get the deck cleaned up for me and Khloe to come and bring you lunch next week. YAY! What do you want me to bring you for lunch?

I'm serious.

Kristi O said...

How exciting that you made dinner! WOW! I wish I could say that.

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

Glad to see you back in the swing of things.

Grey Rooster said...

okay so when are you movin to SLC??? I know the mountains are nice and lots of shoppin, but do you really like the traffic there? I know its a pain in the toushie and I also noticed you need to be bilingual , speaka no englisha