Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Snowbird and Nordstom's Rack....

Yesterday afternoon (Tuesday) we ended up venturing all the way up to Snowbird ~ Father's Day was the last open day for skiing up there so I had to keep the skis at home (HA). There was still quite a bit of snow on the hill and it was so nice and cool up there - lots of water running off the mountains in streams and waterfalls. I took a ton of pictures of the mountains - I want to remember how beautiful they are. The last time I went up there it was fall and the trees were turning colors - there are so many leaf bearing trees up there compared to the moutains in our area where it is just pine trees. There were plenty of bicyclists hauling themselves up the mountain - HOLY COW - I was thinking about James on her new beach cruiser pumping up there with here fancy bell that she could ring-a-ling-a-ling at passing cars - heehee! Not really, these were HARD CORE mountain bikers. There were plenty of hikers around too - it is so beautiful up there and so many trails to take off on. The cool air I will have to say was the best as it is so HOT here in SLC and it is a more moist heat that I am used to - bluck - take a shower and then break out in a sweat from no air conditioning in the house.....I am surviving though.

After we got back to the city from Snowbird we wandered through Sugarhouse and ate at a place J used to eat at when he lived here - it was the Soup Kitchen - cute! I had to laugh because I was thinking about Seinfeld and the Soup Nazi! It was an affordable little place to get a sandwich and soup.

I have to post about Monday night we were coming back from Orem and we saw some gliders coming off the mountain - that was beautiful to see. I would have liked to park and just watch but since we were speeding down the freakway there was no way we could have stopped and watched.

I hit two more scrapbook stores yesterday ~ I think I am actually getting burned out on them - they seem to all be the same and not impressing me as much - a sure sign that I have had enough. I do enjoy seeing the ideas and creations but my eyes are becoming weary - I ended up buying three homemade lollipops yesterday at one, one for each of us!

Today we got a late start and ended up going back to Sugarhouse and visiting Michael's and a coffee shop and spent at a minimum 2 hours in Nordstrom's Rack - it was exhausting! J found a pair of shoes and was trying them out for at last 45 minutes in the store. I found a pair of Keen's and was trying to get the matching shoe when over the intercom came a call for a 627-Shag (or something similar to that) and bam the shoe guys ran out of the back and out the front door and a few minutes later here they come with a shoplifter - she was sobbing all the way to the back of the store - trying to make an excuse for herself. At least I had an interesting 5 minutes waiting at the shoe counter. I have to say though - 2 hours in Nordstrom's Rack is TOOOOOOOOO long - I was hot and cranky!

After that we headed off to J's aunt and uncle's house to visit and have dinner with them and his cousins. It felt good to laugh and visit and I think we all left in a better mood than when we arrived - at least I was way better off! Angelo was laughing as we left because uncle was chasing him a round with a block fo styrofoam whacking him with it at 11:00 p.m. at night - it was cute!

I am hoping to capture a picture of one thing here at his sister's condo - a couple of nights when we have got home late there have been two ducks swimming in the pool, it is so funny seeing these two ducks swimming around together in this nice swimming pool - it is like some kind of romantic escapade for the ducks, a clear pond for them to swim in - I think it is the boy trying to impress his gal!

Okay - so it is now 1:10 a.m. Salt Lake time and I had better HIT the HAY - tomorrow we want to get an early start on whatever it is we are doing! My calves are so sore from all the walking and exploring - just to flex them makes me feel the pain!

2 comments:

MrsD said...

This is why i love having a camera phone---take pictures idea pages in scrapbook stores! haha.

You'll have to post the pictures you took on your blog when you get home.

AND J had a trailor FULL of stuff being delivered to three different Michaels stores. Boise, Idaho Falls and Logan, Utah. I told him he should have let me and you go thru the trailor first. lol.

Grey Rooster said...

I had 4 stops, you forgot Nampa Idaho was first.... and then I had a 2 stop home depot from Salt lake to Eagle, Idaho and the Ontario, Oregon and now I got a load going to LA, but you are glad , don't go to San frisco, its a zoo, really don't feed or tease the straight people there hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe